Maintenance Supervisor- 2nd Shift
Anderson, South Carolina
Location: Anderson, SC
The Maintenance Supervisor will lead a team of maintenance technicians who are changing from a reactionary to a preventative maintenance system to reduce unscheduled downtime. This
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Implement the activities of the maintenance organization in the relevant field (electronic, mechanical, etc.) including assisting with procurement of parts, equipment
- Ensure immediate maintenance intervention to solve any maintenance issues in the relevant field and follow up actions necessary.
- Ensure daily preventive maintenance activities are performed
- Support all lean (EMS/EPS) plan and activities affecting the relevant maintenance area.
- Support the facility management for the relevant area
- Provide daily shift activities, issues and resolution, emerging issues and concerns reporting.
- Communicate, coordinate and cooperate with operations, planners and engineering to maximize efficient productivity.
- Administer time and attendance for all direct reports using the Kronos time management system.
- Ensure direct reports are paid correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintain effective employee relations including coaching, motivation and corrective actions; ensure compliance with company policies/procedures and legal guidelines; foster a positive workplace environment.
- Focus on technical development of the maintenance team to include skills, communication and teamwork
- Ensure adherence to safety rules and standards and maintain good housekeeping.
- Be available prior and after
shiftto ensure a timely shift transition.
- Maintain continual efforts consistent with minimizing scrap, rework, and controlling costs of expendables and product.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 plus years’ experience in a Supervisory or Managerial role in Manufacturing
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the Kronos timekeeping system
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking and Problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Highly organized; capable of multitasking across multiple projects
- Effective operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to influence and Lead
- Strong decision making abilities
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Conflict Management