Manager Inbound Transportation- NA
The Manager of Inbound Transportation is responsible for all aspects of inbound transportation, including management of the international transportation team and all domestic transportation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of full-time and temporary employees both onsite and remote.
- Manage Annual Inbound Transportation Budget totaling >$100M.
- Build and maintain collaborative and supportive relationships with carrier partners.
- Develop programs and procedures to reduce transportation costs and improve on time delivery performance.
- Analyze alternate transportation solutions in an effort to provide a cost effective transportation model.
- Manage the logistics function for inbound shipments, coordinating with factories and forwarders to ensure the efficient movement of goods from origin to destination.
- Act as subject matter expert on the topic of logistics for product lines to help determine landed cost analysis as well as new business feasibility.
- Responsible for data accuracy within inbound freight system.
- Manage day to day activities of 3PL transportation service provider.
- Liaison with Sourcing and Order Management teams to understand forecasts and ensure correct customer invoicing.
- Liaison with Outbound Transportation Manager to ensure connectivity to reduce costs and maintain or improve service.
- Responsible for management reporting on delivery on-time (DOT) and premium costs.
- Manage contracted carrier MQCs and help resolve service issues.
- Work with Global Logistics to organize data for new contract negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
5+ years’ experience in a supply chain or engineering function required
Experience managing direct reports
Six Sigma or Lean Experience preferred
Experience in managing both in house logistics and outsourced 3PL contracts preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A passionate, high energy leader who is able to motivate the team and influence others in order to deliver results
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with both strategic and tactical responsibility
- Superior interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, high level of accuracy and demonstrated skills at extracting data from multiple sources and consolidating into management friendly information that can contribute to solid decision making
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Access, Word, JDE, SAP)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously