This highly visible, hands-on leader is responsible for developing and implementing solutions to manufacturing engineering projects and manufacturability across all processes aiming to ensure state-of-the-art technology, equipment and processes. This position will have a significant opportunity to increase the level of automation across the entire facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the investments on new industrial initiatives and other changes necessary to improve production efficiency, quality and operational safety.
- Participate in engineering design reviews; evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
- Analyze manufacturing process flows for continuous improvement opportunities in quality, cost and throughput. Focus on Lean Enterprise evaluation and deployment.
- Lead / participate in research, collection of information, obtaining quotes from vendors and checking availability of equipment.
- Write investment Requests
- Follow and report the status of a project. Schedules and any suggested revisions should be reviewed. Any changes to a project’s plan or schedule shall be documented.
- Lead project review meetings during the course of a project.
- Establish and executing project task lists to keep projects moving forward according each project’s plan.
- Conduct Risk Assessments to identify and deal with any risks that may exist with the project.
- Travel will be required during project review meetings and during commissioning.
- Operational support, press room equipment; 100 – 1500 to progressive, transfer, hand tool, punch press process.
- Tooling operation, basic functionality for the processing of parts, motion events, die clamping and processing.
- SMED functions, quick change processes and hardware required achieving 5 minute changeover mandates.
- Project deployment and a successful startup with continuous support, deploy inside project financials, achieve project timelines, comply or exceed quality targets encompassed in the project scope.
- Responsible for performing engineering and technical duties during the development of components throughout launches and production according to control plans.
- Performs problem solving techniques, process improvements, and maintains the quality standards of products.
- Site performance goals and support as related to safety, operational performance, financial, quality and delivery objectives.
- Exhibits and leads with attitude, ability and assertiveness.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering field
- Minimum 5 Years experience in control systems integration
- Demonstrated success working in a highly evolved Lean manufacturing environment
- Experience with new product commercialization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment across a matrix organization
- Press room equipment support, 100 – 1500 to progressive, transfer, hand tool, punch press process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong project management, problem solving and decision making skills and abilities, Lean Enterprise or Continuous Improvement background is a requirement.
- Proven analytical skills; data-driven and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Highly organized; capable of multitasking across multiple projects
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Effective operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to influence
- Highly self motivated and directed
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Experience with control systems, PLC and PC base concepts utilized in the automation environment
SCAD systems, development and deployment
- Machine control integration experience.
- Experience with material flow and presentation, methods of position and application utilized for the automation group
- Fixtures and end effectors utilized for the containment, positioning, clamping and movement of products in the automation arena.
- Experience with simulation software.