Responsible for providing engineering support in the design, integration, installation, and optimization of new and existing manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the process engineering support for work areas.
- Provide a safe working environment through hands-on improvement activity with group personnel and processes.
- Implement, maintain and enforce Standard Operating Policies and Procedures in
- Function as a true change agent to bring about cultural and physical change resulting in long-term improvement.
- Establish and implement effective operational methods to improve cost-effectiveness.
- Practice and implement among team members effective problem-solving techniques.
- Support new product development and implementation.
- Support quality improvement activities through process engineering assistance.
- Ensure no violations of State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience (minimum of 5 years) working with manufacturing process improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Background knowledge and abilities in 5S, Kanban, Lean Manufacturing and Waste Elimination.
- Solid working knowledge of bills of material, routings and effectivity changes.
- Solid computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications and CAD.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.