Manufacturing Engineer - Evergreen
Anderson, South Carolina
You are reviewing a job posting for one of our evergreen requisitions. An evergreen requisition is a role advertisement that is a continuous posting. Our objective is to use evergreen requisitions to assist in building a robust talent pipeline with qualified professionals who are excited about career opportunities and growing with Electrolux North America.
We appreciate you considering applying and expressing your interest in Electrolux North America. We cannot guarantee a response to each person that applies to our evergreen requisitions but we can promise that your information will be reviewed and given full consideration. Should our recruiting team feel that you may be a fit for our talent pipeline, you will be contacted to capture additional information.
You are encouraged to continually review our open jobs. Thank you for your interest in Electrolux North America!
WHO WE ARE
Beginning a century ago with a single vacuum sale, we’ve grown to be a global leader in home and professional appliances with one mission in mind: to reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living. This is us - at Electrolux
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards of the department as well as ownership and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The unique ability to work directly with manufacturing and maintenance associates for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes
- Technical skills required in plastics technologies and mold tooling, thermoforming specifications, and extrusion principles, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of PM systems including predictive maintenance and general maintenance and safety policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience in motor and PLC controls required and programming skills are strongly preferred.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
- Computer proficiency required.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in
problem(root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Engineering experience in automated and hand assembly equipment with direct involvement in leading lower level engineers and maintenance technicians
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading process improvements through 5-S and other work balance and
- Demonstrated “ownership” in equipment/process uptime and efficiencies and utilization.
- Experience in development of preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to
insurecontinuous uptime of equipment in areaof responsibility.
- Ability to lead maintenance technicians in
areaof responsibility and work closely with engineers in other departments to solve problems and continuously improve processes, reduce scrap and improve cycle times of equipment.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering field
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- PLC experience
- Mechanical systems experience including packaging, conveying & product handling
- Hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical experience
- AUTOCAD experience
- Appliance or similar product manufacturing experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Business orientation
- Strategic thinking
- Decision making
- Project leadership
- Engineering specific skills