Marketing Specialist - Ownership Solutions
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for organizing, coordinating and supporting all communication strategies for the Ownership Solutions Product Line & Channel P&Ls. This position reports to the Director of Ownership Communications and works closely with
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the following key functions:
- Support new product introductions through creating marketing creative briefs outlining the touchpoints for creative needs to articulate the consumer benefits of the product/service.
- Assist in creation of consumer messaging, with a benefit led approach, supported by product feature hierarchy.
- Execute timely creation of assets through internal and external resources that are associated with the marketing touchpoints (i.e. product packaging, displays, imagery)
- Develop annual promotional calendar plans to support; prepare assets to support promo plans
- Assist B2B sales team members and their sales channels contacts working with the team to create launch materials, syndication of materials and proper usage of content
- Deliver content creation that lives within owner section branded websites and direct consumer channels that not only educate consumers but continually improves consumer engagement
- Execute CRM campaigns in IBM Watson with agency partners contributing to direction, content development, and editorial calendars
- Assist staff in the preparation, production, and release of consumer literature and documentation
- Provide input and coordinate the execution of post-purchase cycle marketing plan (s) including advertising agency selection, creative approval, product launch assets, media planning, planning and implementing PR campaigns, development of consumer and retailer incentive programs, trade promotions, retail merchandising and packaging for generic and genuine brands.
- Analyze key competitors within the category and product family
- Develop presentations and present lines/brands to national retail and b2b accounts
- Responsible for all social media channel communication including message creation, posting and advertising for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest
- Maintain databases, records, files and spreadsheets for all projects
- Participate in consumer insight activities related to Brand, Product & Marketing
- Assist in the budget process including PO generation, vendor set-up, and invoice management
- Organize asset creation activities (i.e. photo shoots, videos, graphics and web development)
- Coordinate compliance, trademarks and legal reviews of key product claims
- Minimum 3-5 years of durable consumer goods or package goods Brand or B2B Marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate degree / MBA preferred
- This position will require occasional travel (25%).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with brand, product marketing or customer marketing & commercialization.
- Ability to interface and communication with the Sales, Product and Marketing organizations within the company as well as trade partners and external service providers
- The use of computer-based software (Word, Excel, Outlook,
Power Point) and tools is necessary
- Working knowledge of marketing software and programs including but not limited to: Adobe Photoshop, Marketing Automation Platforms, Planogram Software and other CMS platforms is highly preferred
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills and strategic thinking
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have excellent customer management and networking skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- A high degree of organization is a must
- High degree of proofreading skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization