The Materials Manager is responsible for implementing, coordinating, administrating, and managing all activities related to receiving, supply chain, inventory management, and after market of purchased parts and raw material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage trailer yard for inbound shipments for production and non-production materials.
- Create, implement, and continuously improve a world-class unloading, receiving, and put-away process for production materials.
- Continuously improve supermarket storage and retrieval process.
- Deliver components to our internal customers in such a way that “thrills” them.
- Lower in-house and in-transit inventory levels year-over-year.
- Develop departmental / cross-functional teams and provide direction for most efficient flow of work.
- Track and adjust manpower based on current production requirements.
-Drive and implement lean principles into every aspect of the supply chain.
-Manage direct reports.
- Hit days-on-hand and inventory (dollars) metric each month.
- Track performance via departmental metrics.
- Solve problems at the root using relentless root cause analysis tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge in materials management.
- Problem solving oriented using lean manufacturing tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Materials and lean experience required.
- Experience in the transportation, receiving, warehousing, handling and a flow of materials.
- Strong data handling skills.
- Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong communication skill: both verbal and written.
- Domestic and/or international travel as required.