Responsible for maintaining / establishing continuity-of-supply for all purchased parts in order to support back shop operations and final assembly. Will be required to adhere to predetermined inventory levels for assigned parts and hit all inventory targets while following the EHP planning process. Expected to work with internal quality to address quality-related issues with suppliers. Required to participate in the annual physical inventory. Will work closely with all cross-functional team members, in particular, purchasing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Order and expedite production material.
- Maintain up-to-date supplier information.
- Analyze inventory levels and resolve part shortages using available tools and processes.
- Plan inventory levels to support customers.
- Develop ways to continuously improve the materials planning process and work with cross-functional teams to implement ideas.
- Infuse lean thinking into the department.
- Help suppliers think “lean” in their processes.
- Track supplier on-time delivery.
- Know purchase parts in great detail and cross train.
- Resolve to be a great team and cross-functional team player.
- Think “outside of the box” often and come up with innovative ways to address deficiencies.
- Perform supplier audits.
- BS degree preferred in business administration or equivalent; minimum 2 year degree required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- APICS fundamentals knowledge.
- Materials planning processes such as MRP, Demand Flow, Kan-Ban, JIT.
- Proven experience in Materials Control & Planning (Purchasing is a plus) related activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Process oriented (Following SOPs, ISO-Documentation).
- AS400 / JD Edwards desirable.
- Capability to work under pressing business environment.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Excellent communication skills.