The Materials Planner is responsible for analyzing the materials requirements of the production plan and making sure we have materials to support it. The materials planner is also responsible for inventory level management (excess/obsolescence).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review the Master Production Schedule and analyze the critical components.
- Report & follow up shortages; expedite if necessary and advise the Materials Planner supervisor and/or Master Scheduler if there is a restriction to meet the plan.
- Comply with the Inventory Management (i.e. inventory turns), logistics, import/export policies & guidelines.
- Work closely with other departments to resolve BOM, QA, RMA & invoice issues.
- Report raw material days of supply on hand based on
scheduled receipts, inventories OH, at current
- Freight forwarders or alternate warehouses (VMI, El Paso, etc)
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO9000/14000 requirements according to the position.
- Among responsibilities the following environmental information is included, designated but not limited to: Knowledge and comprehension of the plant’s environmental policy, including the established environmental goals, knowing and identifying the environmental aspects and impacts on the area or process to perform, focusing on continuous improvement and keeping operational goals, identifying and segregating chemical residues and materials.
- BS degree in a business or engineering field
- 5+ year MRP
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Expediting and inventory management
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Proficient experience in Material and/or purchasing related activities such as purchase order entry,
- MRP calculation (Explosion & netting), expediting, ABC analysis, cycle counts, etc.
- Qualitative skills such as leadership, proactive, teamwork, professional, customer service oriented.
- Develop processes, flow charts, databases, internal deviations.
- Complete knowledge of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- General ISO 9001 knowledge
- JDE & APICS desirable
- Knowledge of materials planning, methods, processes, and procedures.
- Proven ability to use Computer related programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Capability to work under pressing business environment.