The Operations Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to supervise the day-to-day activities of the Warehouse. The Operations Supervisor is responsible to ensure that the Company’s shipping objectives are consistently met. This person is also responsible for monitoring (and ordering, as necessary) all facility supplies. The Operations Supervisor is responsible to address infrastructure issues associated with the operation, as well as ensuring full compliance with all safety, quality and housekeeping policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- In the event there are two or more Operations Supervisors in a facility, the Demand Flow Manager will define the duties and reasonability’s from this document to which each Operations Supervisor will be accountable.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures to create a safe, secure, clean, and productive work environment
- Ensures all daily shipping, inventory and receiving goals are achieved by planning and establishing work schedules and assignments to meet production and quality goals
- Responsible to address all infrastructure/equipment issues which include but is not limited to; facility maintenance, racking, powered conveyor, fork trucks/material handling equipment, computer systems, WMS and RF devices and network
- Ensures all new associates receive the necessary safety and procedural training before being assigned to warehouse activities. Responsible to insure that training to new or revised procedures is done in a timely manner and is documented correctly
- Read and analyze KPI and production tools to monitor the facility performance and make adjustment as necessary to achieve set goals
- Designated backup for the Demand Flow Manager.
- Primary resource to address employee related tasks/issues.
- Responsible to administer the annual performance review process. Maintain employee moral through active listening, conflict resolution using effective leadership skills
- Keeps current on all Company procedures, policies and objectives
- Other duties as assigned by the Demand Flow Manager.
- Develop departmental / cross-functional team and provide direction for most efficient flow of work.
- Drive and implement lean principles into the demand flow process on a continuous basis.
- Maintain compliance with all Company policies in ISO manuals
- Monitors and evaluates associates performance to ensure goals are being meet
- Collaborate with Team lead, leads and/or associates to solve work-related problems.
- Manage expenses to result in compliance with fiscal period budget
- Ensure associates annual performance appraisals are prepared and conducted
- Keeps current on all daily processes and activities
- Monitor all facility supplies and order as necessary
- Manage all carrier related issues
- Responsible for all housekeeping related activities
- Maintain inventory accuracy and shipping quality goals
- Manage the process to dispose of expired or damaged products
- Ensure cross training of warehouse associates
- Active participant in all internal/corporate audits
- Develops and implements plans to address issues within the warehouse using root cause analysis
- Mentors Team Leads and Leads
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years warehouse and/or distribution experience, with two years supervisory experience
Experienced in the use of the Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Communicator, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates knowledge of supply chain inventory, receiving and shipping activities
- Knowledge of J D Edwards, and WMS preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Problem sensitivity; ability to recognize when something is wrong or about to go wrong
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem resolution skills/root cause analysis
- Critical thinking, ability to maintain an even temperament under stressful circumstances
- Time Management
- Train/mentor associates as needed
- Effective follow-up skills
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment which includes walking, lifting, bending, stretching, twisting and reaching
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move 100 lbs as needed