Materials Supervisor 2nd Shift
Effectively plans and implements work for production departments ensuring parts or materials and manpower are available for the department to perform the assigned duties. Plans engineering changes and coordinates into production when appropriate. Implements Demand Flow techniques where appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels. Plans production activities to ensure
adequatesupply of finished goods availability to meet customer demand with no back-orders of finished products or service parts.
- Implements JIT and Demand Flow techniques into production. Understands and facilitates the use of KANBAN and 5-S processes to ensure the highest quality and consistency are attainable to production.
- Meet warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Maintains inventory by conducting daily physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data
- Responsible for effective operation and leadership of the Raw Material warehouse and establishes inventory levels of raw material utilizing SPC and demand flow techniques.
- Understands safety requirements and ensure safety is number one priority
- Responsible for the receiving material, putting material in proper space in a timely manner
- Responsible for the record integrity of the warehouse
- Responsible for supplying proper quantity of material to the production area timely
- Understands embraces and leads Lean Manufacturing processes. Coordinate and oversee warehouse activities
- Measure and address the effectiveness of employee performance and warehousing activities
- Consult and organize activities with other teams and departments
- Maintain warehouse and machinery, ensuring equipment is serviced when needed and a clean and tidy workspace is kept at all times
- Abide by and enforce all company policies and procedures
- Bachelor degree in Industrial/Operation Management, Supply Chain/Logistics or related business field and/or four years management experience in materials, logistics and customs areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong knowledge of production scheduling, warehouse, and material handling operations, methods, and practices.
- Ability to develop
personneland work groups into high performing teams by visible leadership among all levels of associates.
- Strong knowledge of computer-based production scheduling activities with
of history of routings and communication skills to effectively lead change to various processes with no associated production downtime. development
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining
- Experience in
of production plan from sales forecast with varying degrees of accuracy. Understanding of manufacturing processes that affect establishment to react quickly to unanticipated orders and establishment of inventory levels to support these challenges. ability
- Ability to retrieve, analyze, and input data
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills