Mechanical Engineer - Evergreen
You are reviewing a job posting for one of our evergreen requisitions. An evergreen requisition is a role advertisement that is a continuous posting. Our objective is to use evergreen requisitions to assist in building a robust talent pipeline with qualified professionals who are excited about career opportunities and growing with Electrolux North America.
We appreciate you considering applying and expressing your interest in Electrolux North America. We cannot guarantee a response to each person that applies to our evergreen requisitions but we can promise that your information will be reviewed and given full consideration. Should our recruiting team feel that you may be a fit for our talent pipeline, you will be contacted to capture additional information.
You are encouraged to continually review our open jobs. Thank you for your interest in Electrolux North America!
WHO WE ARE
Beginning a century ago with a single vacuum sale, we’ve grown to be a global leader in home and professional appliances with one mission in mind: to reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living. This is us - at Electrolux
we shape living for the better.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing cost effective and value added designs for mechanical component & subsystems making part of washer and dryer platforms.
- Own the interface of the assigned component/subsystem with the overall design working with other engineering and operations staff (Testing Engineer, Electrical/Electronical Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Tooling Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering) while working closely with the Project Technical Leader
- Providing general arrangements and detailed drawing
- Mapping solutions, sizing, specifying and selection of materials.
- Provide full support for project built (Engineering Built & Manufacturing Built)
- BOM accuracy for the systems under responsibility
- Prototype technology selection for the area of responsibility
- Travel as necessary to support prototypes creation and project deliverables
- PPAP approval
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 - 7 years’ work experience in design engineering
- Proficiency on the use of 3D/2D software (Catia is a plus)
- Deep Knowledge on FEA/CFD analysis interpretation
- Good verbal and written communications
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong results orientation and positive “can do” attitude
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Hydraulic Modelling system is a plus
- Thermodynamic system basics is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of metal stamping (enclosures, brackets), plastic components, packaging, dynamic systems (BB, shafts, rollers, shock, springs)