Mechanical Engineer – FEA & CFD
Development of finite element analysis (FEA) methodologies for the design of washer and dryer machines components and systems such as spinning drum, suspension, and cabinets.
Use simulation as a tool to improve design robustness, shorten development time and reduce expenses on physical prototypes.
Validation of simulation models through empirical experimentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and validate new product architectures/modules/ components/systems taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety etc.)
- Ensure that project timing, investments, cost, quality, and performance are delivered according to specification.
- Ensure that new products, concepts, modules developed are in line with the architectures and product strategy at Global level
- Analysis of technical solutions with suppliers, factory, and other involved functions
- Identify and support standardization by ensuring that new development fits into the platform and subsystem structure
- Part and product approval: understand technical tests results to take decision on design development and final approval for series production
- Support the Regional Product development team in cost and quality improvement activities.
- Mechanical engineering degree.
- Master Degree and/or specialization degree is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in design engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Significant experience in use of FEA and CFD simulations as a tool for design optimization, including analyzing and interpreting results for stress, vibration, and life.
- Proficiency with ANSYS, ABAQUS or equivalent finite element software required