Mechatronics Technology Manager
Work in the heart of the R&D department, leading the team in opening the gates of the future.
We are looking for a visionary Mechatronics Technology Manager to work in the heart of the R&D department, leading the team in opening the gates of the future.
A typical day at work
Your major responsibility will be managing and coordinating the Mechatronics Technology Team in the Advanced Development & Technologies Department. Working for the Laundry Systems & Food Services Businesses, you will be leading the development of innovative products at different Technology Readiness Levels and generating the Technology Road Map for the specific area. The core of the Department is The Research Hub by Electrolux Professional.
Your focus will be to:
• Ensure flawless execution of the projects portfolio for what concerns cost, quality and time
• Validate new mechatronic architectures/modules/components/systems specifying design and driving development (technical specification, functionality, safety, modularity, etc.)
• Ensure that new products, concepts, modules are developed in line with the architectures and product strategy at Global level
• Create strong cross-functional relationship within Electrolux to leverage known technical solutions and innovative technologies
• Innovative co-design with suppliers, external research partners etc.
• Identify and support standardization by ensuring that new development fit into the platform and subsystem structure
• Coordinate with the Business Units for integrated generation plans
• Managing low TRL activities within The Research Hub and co-ordinate the activities with The PhD Academy
• Manage the budget of the function
• Curious. You have an endless desire to always improve projects and to get better at what you do.
• Proactive. You value being one step ahead.
• Good listener and communicator. You will become the spider in the web and work with other Electrolux departments on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are keys for making projects run smoothly.
Education & experience:
• Electric/Electronics/Mechatronics Engineering education/experience with a know-how in Robotics, Automation, AI techniques, Computer Science, Control system theory, Sensors and virtual sensors
• Approx. 3 years of experience on a similar position or equivalent
• Experience/knowledge of manufacturing processes, engineering and automation
• Background in Project Management
• Knowledge of food processing or food industry would be an asset;
English is mandatory
Other languages would be a big asset for our international team
Please kindly submit your CV in English