Plant Manager JZ Laundry
This highly visible, hands-on leader/mentor is responsible for driving and deploying Electrolux’s manufacturing strategy that ensures ultimate satisfaction from the Customer. The Plant Manager will also lead the continued proliferation of Electrolux’s goal of world class performance, where quality is built in to all manufacturing and product development processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee safety as measured by total case incident rate (TCIR)
- Customer quality as measured by service call rate (SCR) and Not Right First Time (NRFT)
- Customer delivery as measured by delivery on time (DOT) and backorders.
- Partner with Product Line to ensure the timely and successful major new product transfer to manufacturing and product launch.
- Grow the interim production volume of existing products to satisfy increasing demand, without significant capital expenditure, while new products are launched and produced.
- Drive continuous productivity improvement across the operation through the implementation of lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Drive the objective of Value Creation into every function of the organization
- Develop operating budgets, capital plans and cost reduction initiatives
- Set tactical goals and objectives for deployment at all levels of the plant operation
- Provide leadership by setting expected performance levels and taking action to reward, counsel and if necessary, remove individuals as appropriate
- Create a work environment that encourages creative thinking and stresses accountability
- Perform core/non-core analysis, and assesses make vs. buy decisions
- Drive cost efficient manufacturing capabilities by:
-Leveraging synergies across the enterprise
-Developing systems and procedures that increase productivity and efficiency
-Establishing and tracking metrics for cost, quality, delivery, inventory, customer lead-time, safety and new product launch
- Drive the execution of manufacturing initiatives by:
-Understanding and responding to the requirements of Electrolux’s customers and suppliers
-Integrating suppliers into the total manufacturing strategy
-Aligning plant requirements with corporate manufacturing objectives without sacrificing performance
-Providing Electrolux Manufacturing Systems (EMS) guidance to the internal manufacturing and product development teams, and supplier partners
- Ability to positively represent the organization within the community
- Everything concerning about ISO 9001 & ISO 14001.
- Has the authority to identify and implement action plans, to reduce or eliminate any possible environmental impact generated by any work activity related to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field, MBA highly desirable
- Experience leading a large, complex operation with proven record of successful product launches
- Profit planning and operational P&L experience at a plant or operating level
- Strong experience with and a commitment to lean manufacturing concepts and six sigma processes
- Record of progressive leadership roles within a complex, high volume, manufacturing company with a minimum of 5 years at the operational leadership level
- In-depth understanding of standard costing and development of variable and fixed overhead rates
- Experience recruiting, developing and retaining a talented and energetic supply leadership team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Highly strategic in thought and behavior, while driving daily execution
- Strategic and creative leadership abilities
- Possess a high sense of urgency with the ability to make and implement tough and timely decisions.
- Known as a leader that focuses on the Customer while always driving quality and cost
- Effective communicator
- Able to create a manufacturing vision that is highly business relevant and can be systematically implemented
- Superior intellectual agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex issues
- Comfortable in a variety of business and social settings
- Leader and team player
- Focused on results with a high sense of urgency
- Confidence and courage to champion change
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Understands the corporate and business environments; understands the global content of each decision and be able to maximize opportunities
- Ability to identify and develop talented people
- Energized by the challenges of business and collaborative leadership
- Provides stability during stressful periods of the business cycle