Process Engineer - Evergreen
You are reviewing a job posting for one of our evergreen requisitions. An evergreen requisition is a role advertisement that is a continuous posting. Our objective is to use evergreen requisitions to assist in building a robust talent pipeline with qualified professionals who are excited about career opportunities and growing with Electrolux North America.
We appreciate you considering applying and expressing your interest in Electrolux North America. We cannot guarantee a response to each person that applies to our evergreen requisitions but we can promise that your information will be reviewed and given full consideration. Should our recruiting team feel that you may be a fit for our talent pipeline, you will be contacted to capture additional information.
You are encouraged to continually review our open jobs. Thank you for your interest in Electrolux North America!
WHO WE ARE
Beginning a century ago with a single vacuum sale, we’ve grown to be a global leader in home and professional appliances with one mission in mind: to reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living. This is us - at Electrolux
we shape living for the better.
Responsible for providing engineering leadership and support to the finishing department in the design, integration, installation and optimization of new and existing manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the process engineering support for work areas within the finishing department.
- Provide a safe working environment through hands-on improvement activity with group personnel and processes.
- Implement, maintain and enforce Standard Operating Policies and Procedures in work group.
- Function as a true change agent to bring about cultural and physical change resulting in long term improvement.
- Establish and implement effective operational methods to improve cost effectiveness.
- Practice and implement among team members effective problem solving techniques.
- Support new product development and implementation.
- Support quality improvement activities through process engineering assistance.
- Ensure no violations of State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering related field. Will consider work experience in lieu of degree
- 3+ years of experience working with manufacturing process improvements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proven background knowledge and abilities in 5S, Kanban, Lean Manufacturing and Waste Elimination
- Solid working knowledge of bills of material, routings and affectivity changes
- Solid computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications and CAD
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing