Product Care Engineer
To support the engineering team responsible for managing product lifecycle through development and implementation of cost reduction solutions, quality improvement initiatives, and new model creation.
To provide factory support as representative of product care team located at the manufacturing location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cost Out and Design Quality Projects
- Development and implementation of cost out pipeline to meet company’s yearly cost reduction target
- Development and implementation of technical solutions to improve quality performance of washers and dryers
- Development and implementation of new model variants to support creation of competitive product line
- Lead projects from idea to manufacturing, following the Change Implementation process.
- Use critical thinking to ensure that design changes will not deteriorate the product performance.
Support manufacturing division:
- Close interaction with the Manufacturing process to ensure a successful Product industrialization.
- Perform Engineering analysis of line and field rejected parts to identify design improvements.
- Functional test spec definition
- Data management of functional test results
- Analysis and disposition of deviations
Support implementation of new and/or modified components in manufacturing
- Ownership of Bill of Materials updates
- Represent engineering function in the first part approval process
- New variant documentation
- Spare part and obsolescence management
- Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial engineering degree.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in design/cost out engineering
- Six Sigma Certification is a plus.
- Master Degree and/or specialization degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in both product development and manufacturing introduction.
- Home appliance product knowledge. Washer and dryer design knowledge is a plus.
- Process and result oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills.