Product Care Engineer
The Product Care Engineer works closely with current product design team, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of consumer products. This position has input over the design, quality, continuous improvement, investment, and cost of the current product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and plan project-scoping activities to effectively outline project metrics and deliverables for goal establishment for current products.
- Participate in all aspects of a project from inception through the implementation in production.
- Ensure variant generation and implementation of product improvement actions (cost/quality on existing products).
- Provide technical support to the factory solving of short-term problems.
- Ensure project or technical solutions transfer to production.
- Develop project investment and cost budgets—capital, cost, and expense estimation to develop product targets for financial viability review.
- Develop milestone schedules and execute a project within published timeline.
- Develop, outline and manage project resources (internal and external (suppliers)) to meet project deliverables
- Product design responsibility for components/assemblies, ability to analyze, create, problem solve and apply best practices to ensure successful product introduction and product lifecycle using tools such as stage gate development process, risk assessments, design reviews, DFMEA’s, proper design verification considering agency and company guidelines, customer contact specifications and all other required specifications.
- Accountability for design and problem resolution to design, develop and implement robust designs with proper verification, validation and manufacturing sign off for seamless product introduction and after production implementation support.
- Coordinate technical/engineering and project activities throughout the organization to effectively execute in accordance for published targets and management expectations (cost, timeline, investment, quality, etc)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Engineering or related technical AS Degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Understanding of engineering principles, project management, and new product development activities to create, design, develop and implement new features for refrigeration group
- Understanding of materials and processes used in product design; plastics, metal fabrication, glass, etc
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats, holds people accountable for goal attainment and coordinates all project actions and design details to deliver on team and project commitments
- Creative, personally committed, resourceful problem solver capable of leading a project from inception through project implementation
- Experience with computer applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project and 3-D design software
- Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or appliance industry a plus
- Root cause analysis, problem-solving methodology, design for manufacturing, and Lean / Six Sigma Toolbox