Product Care Engineer
Bring an open mind. The possibilities are unlimited.
WHO YOU ARE
You look at everything from every angle, distilling the core message and putting it together in a way that excites and delights.
To be technical responsible in the assignment reporting to the Project Manager and/or Product Care Manager. Leading a team of engineers to develop innovative products and technical solutions with the right cost and quality in the MSP, PQI, PDI, NVD, supporting activities and Special assignment activities within Product Care organization of Home Care and Small Domestic Appliances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role carries many years of experience from previous projects and also works as a mentor for the new colleagues creating new experienced Technical Project Leaders for the future.
As a Technical Project Mannager / Product Care Expert – your main responsibilities are:
• Plan and follow up on MSP, PQI, PDI, NVD, supporting activities and Special Assignment engineering activities.
• Report the progress, risks and deviation to the Project Manager and/or Product Care Manager.
• Assure that technical solutions to activities are well-verified and defined.
• Plan, lead and delegate the engineering work within the engineering team.
• Make sure that technical documentation is updated and available.
• Take part in creation of test plans made by Tech & Lab.
• Evaluate test results and identify, plan and implement any correction actions.
• Place external orders such as prototypes etc after approval from Product Care Manager or concerned cost center owner.
• Check and certify invoices.
• Approve technical documentation and archive them in corret way.
• Support Marketing, Electrolux Group Design, Production/Supplier, Tech & Lab, Sourcing, Tooling Team, Quality and others as needed with product knowledge.
• During the temporary absence of the Product Care Manager, be capable of performing their duties.
• Traveling within China and international expected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• College or University degree preferred in Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering
• Solid product care and engineering experience
• Relevant small appliance experience
• General knowledge on three areas (PQI, MSP, PDI and NVD) and solid in one area
• Process development and improvement
• Product knowledge
• Project/Program Management
• IT skills
• Presentation skills
• Influencing skills
• Deciding and initiating action
• Applying expertise and technology
• Working with people
• Persuading and influencing
• Presenting and communicating information
• Planning and organizing
• Adapting and responding to change
• Fluent in Mandarin
• Fluent English skills in both spoken and written