Product Development Engineer
"It is the responsibility of the selected candidate, expenses related to accommodation and change in cases of approval in internal selection process in other locations. The Transfer Policy will be applied when the transfer happens at the request of the company. "
- The chosen candidate will be part of Latam R&D Cost Out Engineering and will be involved to actuate in cost reduction programs. The successful candidate is asked to identify, develop and implement cost reduction projects aligned with a Strategic Plan, Technology Roadmap and Product Line Generation Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and promote feasibility of innovative materials application looking for cost saving and sustainability;
- Develop innovative solutions of components and sub-systems aligned with concepts of DFMA (Design for Manufactory and Assembly) and modularization, working to improve Direct Material and Transformation costs;
- Lead, engage and manage multi-functional team to guarantee deliverables to implement engineering changes and new suppliers approval through cost out programs;
- Keep a clear communication, collaboration and alignment with the main stakeholders in order to stablish and maintain a Technology Roadmap and Strategic Plan of the main commodities;
- Project financial analysis and business case evaluation to apply investments (CAPEX) and provide the best payback;
- Continuously evaluate the competitors launching.
- Perform benchmarking and teardown;
- Quality improvement and Digital Transformation mindset;
- Commitment with continuous improvement and profitability of the company;
- Fully apply the company’s programs, policies and objectives.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering;
- M.Sc is a plus;
- Skills on componentes and product modeling in Catia (Desirable);
- Good experience on product development related experience;
- Experience in Project Management;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge/experience in Polymers and Polyurethanes Science;
- Good verbal and written communication;
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards;
- Strong aptitude for details;Self-starter; a “hands-on” individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with the minimum support and direction;
- Possesses excelente conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Strong result orientation and positive “can do” attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Ability to influence people;
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquires and complaints;
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities;
- Strong continuous improvement mindset.
- English Advanced/Fluent
- Spanish (Desirable)