Product Development Engineer
- The chosen candidate will be responsible for the product development of essential consumer products in the Food Preservation category that have national exposure to millions of consumers.
- This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and laboratory, with flexibility to travel, testlaboratories, marketing, industrial design and industrial process towards the successful launch of new consumer products.
- Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior engineering and development culture using EPM and other Electrolux tools, state-of-the-art testing and prototypes.
- Product development activities and following the results of the sector she/he must be working together with the rest of the team and will ensure the results always observing the cost, investment and time plan activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop technical solutions of a project to include initial scoping, design concept generation using Catia V5, functional prototyping, design validation, manufacturing validation, and development of value engineering plans through product launch.
- Follow the Electrolux Project Management activities, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
- Investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-systems.
- Look beyond current material and manufacturing standards, and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development.
- Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
- Effective leadership of collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gatherinformation and technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree with a minimum of 3 years related engineering and/or product development project management experience for Product Development Engineer position.
- CATIA V5, MS Office knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience of working in a / within a multicultural, international environment;
- Ability to generate engineering and consumer facing parts 2D and 3D specifications, and generation of test procedures to verify specifications are met;
- Proficient with new project development activities: design concept generation and decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMA, PFMA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities;
- Proficiency in designing plastic injection molding, thermoforming, extrusion, polyurethane foam injection and metal forming (Stamping, roll-forming, etc.);
- Virtual reality project and to be digital;
- Deliverables & Reporting;
- Be effectively involved in the Internal/External suppliers;
- Collating and inputting data with high level of accuracy and in accordance with Project BOM;
- Conduct successful knowledge transfer within the all members area;
- Establish very good relationship with all members area;
- Ensuring that all relevant EPM Electrolux deliverables, food preservation standards and internal guidelines are met;
- Available to travel;
- Passion to innovation, customer obsession, drive for results;
- Communicative, team orientated, with analytical thinking;
- Patient, paying attention to the details, organized;
- Spanish (optional)
“É responsabilidade do candidato selecionado, despesas referente à acomodação e mudança em casos de aprovação em processo seletivo interno em outras localidades. A Política de Transferência será aplicada quando a transferência acontecer por solicitação da empresa.”