Location: Anderson, SC
Responsible for developing and controlling a discrete daily schedule for a high volume factory. Work with cross departmental teams including shipping, material planning, engineering and all production departments to understand constraints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop discrete level loaded schedule based upon SKU segmentation.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining production requirements in the JDE system for all production line schedules including pilot and buffer/materials schedules.
- Develop and publish the schedule (total numbers by manufacturing categories and pilots).
- Communicate and meet with departments to ensure the next week schedule is sequenced most efficiently per manufacturing constraints.
- Maintenance of Production Schedules, Production Line Calendars (rate), and Work Day Calendars for a minimum of a 6 month period.
- Coordinate engineering changes with purchasing, materials, production and engineering to mitigate excess and obsolescence.
- Complete production schedule changes into the JDE system requested by Master Scheduler, Materials, Manufacturing, Shipping, Engineering, and Literature or per the manufacturing sequencing rules.
- Coordinate, communicate and make sure all schedule changes are documented within the 1 week firm and document changes for the 2nd week.
- Work with the Master Scheduler, Materials, Manufacturing, and Shipping to resolving any open work orders, and production / back flush errors.
- Reset the schedule daily at the end of the shift for the next scheduled production day and time.
- Clear the schedule of completed work orders in the system.
- Understand and create master schedule as the proxy for the Master Scheduler.
- Continually improve scheduling utilizing new thought processes or automating via system enhancements.
- Support the SIOP process.
- Responsible for various required reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain is highly preferred
- Two to five years of experience in production planning and/or material planning is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Prior experience scheduling multiple lines in a high volume factory
- Strong communication skills and capability to manage cross functional teams
- Knowledge of a "demand flow" type of "pull" system
- Excellent computer skills with a basic understanding of the Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- General knowledge of flow of materials and orders
- Ability to utilize and manipulate MS Excel at an intermediate or advance level