Production Supervisor - Evergreen
You are reviewing a job posting for one of our evergreen requisitions. An evergreen requisition is a role advertisement that is a continuous posting. Our objective is to use evergreen requisitions to assist in building a robust talent pipeline with qualified professionals who are excited about career opportunities and growing with Electrolux North America.
We appreciate you considering applying and expressing your interest in Electrolux North America. We cannot guarantee a response to each person that applies to our evergreen requisitions but we can promise that your information will be reviewed and given full consideration. Should our recruiting team feel that you may be a fit for our talent pipeline, you will be contacted to capture additional information.
You are encouraged to continually review our open jobs. Thank you for your interest in Electrolux North America!
WHO WE ARE
Beginning a century ago with a single vacuum sale, we’ve grown to be a global leader in home and professional appliances with one mission in mind: to reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living. This is us - at Electrolux
we shape living for the better.
Coordinate the activities associated with the development, direction, and deployment of manufacturing systems, within a business unit, which impacts the quality, cost, timely customer delivery, and the manpower, used to produce gas and/or electric ranges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct activities of the shift.
- Establish overall goals for the business unit and ensure proper progress toward those goals.
- Participate as a member of Management Team in planning and formulating company objectives and goals, employee relation’s policies and programs.
- Assure the ISO 9000/ISO 14001 management systems are properly followed and maintained.
- Coordinate consistent application of the quality standards between departments.
- Oversee the development, installation and compliance with DFP concepts.
- Coordinate customer orders, inventory and manufacturing activities to ensure product is delivered to the customer on a timely basis.
- Lead cost reduction activities for the business unit.
- Participate in the development of capital expense planning for the facility.
- Communicate effectively the objectives & results of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in business/manufacturing related field preferred.
- Five or more year’s experience in a manufacturing related environment.
- Two or more years in a high volume or process management experience, including project coordination, and lean manufacturing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communications
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
- Strong aptitude for details
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset