Project Controller - Hot Product Line
The Project Controller, Hot, has overall financial responsibility and accountability for Hot Product Line key projects. Its main goal is to deliver project commitments on time and on budget by providing financial leadership and being an active partner to the team, therefore, enabling profitable growth to the company. It serves as business partner to the VP of the product line and the project teams in the execution of the projects, provides financial leadership through understanding and communicating its financial position, as well as providing financial support and analysis of the business and execution of the projects.
The position is the critical link between all functions engaged in the projects: R&D, engineering, sales, marketing, purchasing, manufacturing, product development product line operations and program office groups and provides valuable insight on the project financial projection through its analysis and reporting by communicating actual performance and the implications of ongoing project decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and manage the financial activities of the key projects, including business case, cost development, CapEx and cash flow projection. This includes presenting to project leaders with financial analysis (trends, etc), commentary on variances and potential opportunities to keep projects on track.
- Maintenance and monitor of the development of all cost associated with the programs and provide insights into the implications.
- Manage the CapEx and expense budget for the programs. Overall responsibility of forecast updates, program committed amounts, explanations on variances and tracking at a subgroup level.
- Collaborate closely with the plant controlling to ensure proper reconciliation of CIP accounts.
- Program Checkpoints financials responsible (Product and CapEx)
- Work closely with Product Line, Pricing, Sales Channel and Merchandising on commercial development.
- Utilize product cost model tracking to understand thein a weekly basis the development of program models.
- Program governance Assist in the monthly reporting requirements including statutory reports and management analysis related to the manufacturing operations. Have a thorough understanding of the business drivers of the operations and the accounting treatment of transactions.
- Governance around the project to ensure the implementation of the financial policies and procedures of the corporation
- Follow project controlling RACI to ensure governance of the program
- Participate in the ongoing business management by providing counsel to plant managers, senior operations leaders and other business managers relating to plant cost controls and improvement activities. Communicate effectively with senior management and influence decisions
- Close collaboration with tax department for any incentives associated with the program
- Willing to travel, up to 25% at times.
- BA in Finance or related field of study required; MBA a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred; additional CMA a plus
- Minimum 7 years of progressive accounting/financial analysis experience required, including minimum 2 years of leadership experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Solid understanding of financial reporting, accounting, planning, and economics.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to influence peers, executives, etc. in a matrix organization
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including experience in managing large ERP systems (JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle)
- Ability to solve unstructured business and accounting problems and lead multiple priorities with little day to day direction
- Continuous improvement experience
- “Can do” spirit to drive change and empower the organization. Responds quickly to change and leads the proactive growth of the department.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SQL, Cognos or Hyperion experience preferred, and SAP, SAS, JD Edwards or Peoplesoft knowledge a plus
- International experience preferred
- Sales and/or Manufacturing experience preferred