Location : Springfield, TN
Identify and implement improvement activities within the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality and cost. The Project Engineer will champion improvement activities, new equipment and manufacturing processes that support industrialization of new products and processes in the assembly process. The successful candidate will be a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the organization’s core values. He/she will work closely with the cooking sector on the development and continuous improvement of a best-in-class manufacturing organization.
Typical deliverables: Individual annual cost savings of $1 million in process, product and manufacturing improvements. On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products Projects.
- Participate in PFMEA, Design for Automation and Design for Manufacture activities.
- Standard Time studies & line balance utilizing Methods-Time Measurement (MTM) system
- Work stations design, standardized work instructions and manning requirements
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Team-member (Manufacturing Engineering) in the New Product Projects
- Implement specific Manufacturing Engineering actions for new Product Projects or other Projects (Capacity, Efficiency, Improvements…) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Pilot run & new models launch supporting
- Process flow chart & Work Instructions developing
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes
- Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Project management
- Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in Problem Solving, Lean Manufacturing, Continuous
- Improvement and OEE improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering design concepts and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MTM and related software to evaluate assembly processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Standardized Work Instructions
- Problem solving skills and proven ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong aptitude for details and data interpretation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control).
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Collaborative leader and team player.
- Schedule project timelines and follow through on all phases including safety, cost, quality and delivery.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities
- Ability to travel abroad for equipment reviews and training