Project Engineer - Finishing
Location : Springfield, TN
Identify and implement improvement activities within the finishing manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality and cost. The Project Engineer will co-champion a new finishing process that supports industrialization of new products. The successful candidate will be a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the organization’s core values. He/she will work closely with the cooking sector team on the development and continuous improvement of a best-in-class manufacturing organization.
Typical deliverables: On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Develop and implement manufacturing processes to meet finishing process area goals (Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery). Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment including safety and environment according to Global
- Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Develop control processes and procedures to maintain consistent process results in Finishing (Statistical Process Control)
- Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Team-member (Manufacturing Engineering) in the New Product Projects
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products Projects.
- Implement specific Manufacturing Engineering actions for new Product Projects or other Projects (Capacity, Efficiency, Improvements…) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Participate in PFMEA
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes
- Support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Project management
- Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred)
- 2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in Problem Solving, Process Control Implementation, Continuous Improvement and OEE improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering design concepts, engineering practices and process engineering.
- Problem solving skills and proven ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong aptitude for details, data interpretation and control process implementation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, PFMEA).
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment (Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity).
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Collaborative leader and team player.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Schedule project timelines and follow through on all phases including safety, cost, quality and delivery.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities
- Ability to travel abroad for extended periods (training, equipment review, benchmarking)