Responsible for project management and launch of new projects regarding new equipment, tooling design, process, and development. Manage in coordination with the Equipment supplier and the Design, Purchasing and Operation team. Communicate effectively all major roadblocks, search and facilitate the appropriate forums for problem resolution and decision making. Responsible for cost, quality and delivery levels of equipment and tooling according to project specifications. The function includes management and the support on matters that affect the introduction of the project and the daily performance of the plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and participate in engineering design reviews and development of new tooling and equipment for new projects with the Project team and the different tooling and equipment suppliers.
- Participate on the identification of the supplier base for tooling and equipment in coordination with the Design project team and the purchasing group; request of quotations and cost analysis for supplier selection.
- Project management to ensure the execution of all major milestones of a project launch.
- Responsible to communicate all major risk to the project team and to escalate issues to the supplier’s and Electrolux management for resolution.
- Key point of contact between Juarez Refrigeration operations team, US Design team and suppliers during new project launches regarding tooling and equipment.
- Facilitate the appropriate forum to develop countermeasures and/or problem resolution to any issue during new project launches regarding tooling and equipment.
- Prepare Tooling Specifications for new or retrofit tools based on part specifications and production requirements.
- Equipment and Raw Material Supplier Certification
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, GS, MES, ISO9000/14000 requirements according to the position.
- Among responsibilities the following environmental information is included, designated but not limited to: Knowledge and comprehension of the plant’s environmental policy, including the established environmental goals, knowing and identifying the environmental aspects and impacts on the area or process to perform, focusing on continuous improvement and keeping operational goals, identifying and segregating chemical residues and materials.
- Pilot run & new models launch supporting
- Ergonomic analysis with RULA, REBA, NIOSH, or any other ergonomic tool for new projects or models introduction
- Cost reduction projects leading.
- Works directly with production managers, manufacturing engineers and Industrial engineers in a team environment for problem solving, buy-in and support for new processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- 10+ years experience in manufacturing areas (Preferable)
- Significant experience in cross-functional manufacturing processes and thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong and proven Project Management abilities
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, line balancing, productivity, production equipment, tooling specification.
- Thermoforming and foam equipment.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Availability for frequent travel
- Knowledge of supplier capability studies, cost and financial analysis for potential equipment and tooling suppliers.
- Computer literate including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Safety Regulations (OSHA) and LOTO procedures to ensure we launch new equipment and processes in a safe way.
- Experience in heavy equipment maintenance and engineering, automated processes as steel forming, shaping, bending, and tabbing power press systems. Specific knowledge of interlocking (non-welded) metal forming and connection processes are required, thermoforming, turntables, conveyors, fixtures and tools.
- Knowledge of tooling and fixtures required for steel cutting, mechanical power press and roll forming, thermoforming and foam equipment as well as the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and blueprints.
- Ability to work closely with other departments and lead maintenance engineers and technicians.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and blueprints
- Ability to lead groups and work closely with other departments
- Knowledge of Capital Investment and Budget administration.
- Knowledge of tooling and fixtures required for steel cutting, mechanical power press and roll forming
- Experience in PFMEA / DFMEA tools
- Knowledge of PPAP process