Purchasing & Sourcing
Anderson, South Carolina
Location: Anderson, SC
Coordinates activities involved with procuring raw material supplies or component parts used to manufacture refrigerators/freezers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, negotiate prices and delivery terms, and ensure parts availability.
- Prepare, solicit, collect, analyze, and negotiate requests for quotation and recommend / onboard suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness.
- Coordinate new suppliers / parts and engineering changes with Materials, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and external suppliers.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Work directly with, and support initiatives and directives of, Electrolux Major Appliances North America (EMA-NA) commodity, global commodity, product line, sales, engineering, publications, and other teams toward best-in-class quality, delivery, and cost.
- Regularly analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage for improvement.
- Effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop / deliver on actionable objectives.
- Review and analyze materials supplied to identify more cost-effective opportunities; lead cross-functional and remotely located teams to implement and realize improvements.
- Resolve invoice price discrepancies.
- Internalize EMA policies and practices, and successfully communicate and enforce with suppliers as well as internal resources to deliver on EMA strategic objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS Degree in Business or Engineering preferred
- 3 years of progressive responsibility in a business function
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrated success in year-over-year material cost reduction projects
- Strong analytical and financial acumen to include should-cost modeling preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts preferred
- Expertise in supplier processes and cost drivers strongly preferred
- Experience in project leadership