Purchasing & Sourcing
Coordinates activities involved with procuring raw material supplies or component parts used to manufacture refrigerators/freezers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, negotiate prices and delivery terms, and ensure parts availability.
- Prepare, solicit, collect, analyze, and negotiate requests for quotation and recommend / onboard suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness.
- Coordinate new suppliers/parts and engineering changes with Materials, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and external suppliers.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Work directly with, and support initiatives and directives of, Electrolux Major Appliances North America (EMA-NA) commodity, global commodity, product line, sales, engineering, publications, and other teams toward best-in-class quality, delivery, and cost.
- Regularly analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage
- Effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop/deliver on actionable objectives.
- Review and analyze materials supplied to identify more cost-effective opportunities; lead cross-functional and remotely located teams to implement and realize improvements.
- Resolve invoice price discrepancies.
- Internalize EMA policies and practices, and successfully communicate and enforce with suppliers as well as internal resources to deliver on EMA strategic objectives.
- BS Degree required; Business or Engineering degree preferred
- 3 years of progressive responsibility in a business function
- Demonstrated success in year-over-year material cost reduction projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong analytical and financial acumen to include should-cost modeling preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts preferred
- Expertise in supplier processes and cost drivers strongly preferred
- Experience in project leadership