Purchasing Agent- Capex
Purchasing & Sourcing
Anderson, South Carolina
Location: Anderson, SC
Deliver value to organization while ensuring alignment with internal stakeholders/customer at a local, sector, and global level. Provide purchasing expertise and support the purchase of Capex Items within the NA sector.
Be involved in the Capex planning process and help stakeholders in planning Capex budgets and IR submission. Manage RFQs (requests for quotes) for Capex projects at site level. Lead supplier negotiations and use creative ways to drive costs and improve payment terms. Provide purchasing support to business partners during contract life cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional team members
- Extensive contact with internal stakeholders within defined product line and external contact with suppliers
- Background in Purchasing Capital Items
- Support the definition and implementation of the overall strategy where applicable for the Sector
- Develop, implement and lead Capex sourcing activities
- Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier), as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Prepare and lead fact-based negotiation and facilitate supplier selection
- Lead contract implementation through local indirect purchasers and resolve important issues
- Manage/evaluate contract compliance, data management and supplier performance and take necessary corrective actions
- Define and lead cross-functional sourcing teams
-Provide team members with direction and support throughout the steps and activities of the strategic sourcing process, applying appropriate and defined methodology and tools.
-Manage and facilitate the collaboration within the cross-functional sourcing team
- Manage relationships / partnership with internal stakeholders during projects
-Within the framework of the cross-functional sourcing and supplier development teams, closely develop and manage the relationship with internal stakeholders
- Develop and manage relationship / partnership with suppliers and track their performance
-Establish new relationship with suppliers
-Manage relationship with suppliers
-Define and implement supplier performance evaluation model
-Ensure good tracking and work in close collaboration with contract managers for supplier management activities according to the supplier performance evaluation model
-Responsible for resolving big issues with supplier performance
-Lead supplier development activities; set up cross-functional review meetings with suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost
-Initiate and conduct supplier audits
-Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations
- Align with local stakeholders in order to implement contract and ensure contract compliance
-Define and implement contract implementation framework
-Ensure tracking of key performance indicators regarding contract compliance
- Interfacing with the site stakeholders, Finance and Accounts Payable departments in order to utilize the purchasing experience in order to obtain the most competitive and suitable contracts that are in line with the business’s needs
- Building credibility across internal stakeholder community
- Minimum travel required
- Undergraduate degree or comparable experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in purchasing within a manufacturing environment CapEx (building and equipment) purchasing experience highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Candidate needs to be result driven and analytical, being able to have a complete overview of the scope of work and service levels.
- Candidate needs to be a very good communicator at all levels (both internally and externally) and possess a “can do” attitude
- Equipment / Services purchasing sourcing and contracting in a production environment
- Superior negotiation skills
- Purchasing processes