Purchasing & Sourcing
Anderson, South Carolina
Location: Anderson, SC & Springfield, TN
You are reviewing a job posting for one of our evergreen requisitions. An evergreen requisition is a role advertisement that is a continuous posting. Our objective is to use evergreen requisitions to assist in building a robust talent pipeline with qualified professionals who are excited about career opportunities and growing with Electrolux North America.
We appreciate you considering applying and expressing your interest in Electrolux North America. We cannot guarantee a response to each person that applies to our evergreen requisitions but we can promise that your information will be reviewed and given full consideration. Should our recruiting team feel that you may be a fit for our talent pipeline, you will be contacted to capture additional information.
You are encouraged to continually review our open jobs. Thank you for your interest in Electrolux North America!
WHO WE ARE
Beginning a century ago with a single vacuum sale, we’ve grown to be a global leader in home and professional appliances with one mission in mind: to reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living. This is us - at Electrolux
we shape living for the better.
Coordinates activities involved with procuring raw material supplies or component parts used to manufacture refrigerators/freezers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, negotiate prices and delivery terms, and ensure parts availability.
- Prepare, solicit, collect, analyze, and negotiate requests for quotation and recommend / onboard suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness.
- Coordinate new suppliers / parts and engineering changes with Materials, Engineering, Quality
- Assurance, and external suppliers.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Work directly with, and support initiatives and directives of, Electrolux Major Appliances North America (EMA-NA) commodity, global commodity, product line, sales, engineering, publications, and other teams toward best-in-class quality, delivery, and cost.
- Regularly analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage for improvement.
- Effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop / deliver on actionable objectives.
- Review and analyze materials supplied to identify more cost-effective opportunities; lead cross-functional and remotely located teams to implement and realize improvements.
- Resolve invoice price discrepancies.
- Internalize EMA policies and practices, and successfully communicate and enforce with suppliers as well as internal resources to deliver on EMA strategic objectives.
- BS Degree in Business or Engineering preferred
- At least 1-3 years of progressive responsibility in a business function preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrated success in year-over-year material cost reduction projects
- Strong analytical and financial acumen to include should-cost modeling preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts preferred
- Expertise in supplier processes and cost drivers strongly preferred
- Experience in project leadership