Purchasing Internship - Fall
Purchasing & Sourcing
The Purchasing Group is responsible for sourcing and driving continuous improvement for the direct material, indirect material, spare parts, supplier quality, customs and compliance teams. More than 75% of the company’s products costs are handled by Purchasing. Its aim is to be a world-class organization that continuously contributes to the company’s strong drive for innovative products and service solutions at the best cost.
The Purchasing Group focuses on functional excellence, strong collaborations with internal and external stakeholders globally, and leveraging Electrolux size to ensure the lowest total cost of ownership for materials and services purchased in any part of the world. Our department includes roles in purchasing, supplier quality and development, data analysis, commodity management, and project management.
Gain valuable experience, begin your career development and build an in-depth knowledge of purchasing while getting an introduction to our collaborative, fun and engaging culture.
Intern assignments will vary, but projects will focus on product cost analysis, supplier quality, process improvement, strategic sourcing and project management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of an innovative team working toward visionary goals. As a Purchasing Intern, you'll take the lead as you…
- Analyze big data, identify opportunities for improvement, make recommendations, lead projects to implement and track results
- Lead initiatives to simplify and automate reporting capabilities in order to expand coverage and drive continuous improvement for the direct material, indirect material, spare parts, supplier quality,
- Customs and compliance teams
- Business Intelligence: Develop and maintain reports and tools to assist the Purchasing team to track performance and improve their business decision-making process
- Receive both leadership and technical focused training to enhance your skillset
- Establish and maintain an open path of communication with leaders and team members
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned by manager
- Junior class standing or entering Junior year; G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher (MBA candidates strongly encouraged to apply)
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Problem-solving skills, assertiveness, and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport; establish and maintain good working relationships cross-functionally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong analytical skills in Excel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results quickly
- Initiative in solving problems and creating and implementing proactive responses