Purchasing Project Manager - Fabric Care
Purchasing & Sourcing
Santa Lucia di Piave, Italy
The European Product Line Purchasing Project Manager is responsible for the monitoring, the follow-up and the reporting, highlighting of possible criticalities affecting the project's achievements.
Key Operational responsibilities
The topic list below is to be considered as a large but not entirely complete description of the responsibilities.
• Maintain a professional working relationship with key peers in R&D, Operations and in the Product Line.
• Exchange information with key peers and ensure their action.
• Participate/ensure participation in events relevant to the PL linked with the relevant projects he’s working on
• Gathering and spreading relevant project information to the organization.
• Gathering and promoting Innovation ideas in the organization.
• Ensure a good relationship with the Purchasing Organisations of the other PL´s.
• Maintain good collaboration with the other PL Purchasing organizations.
• Organise a professional transfer/exchange of information.
• Keep the best interest of Electrolux in mind in all decisions
• Coordinate and drive purchasing activities to achieve the planned results.
• Execute activities dictated by purchasing leadership for specific commodities, organizing and executing the RFQ process according to the agreed upon rules and processes
• Warn and escalate to project criticalities/problems.
• For each project coordinate the commodities activities to reach and exceed the targets.
• Financial targets e.g. payment terms, warehousing, incoterms change.
• Timing targets
• Quality targets e.g. SMS registration, supplier development projects.
• Logistics targets e.g. warehousing, packaging, transport, contracting.
• Special projects.
• Have a proper, up-to-date reporting and administration on the projects and Innovation ideas
• Regular status updating
• Point out of criticalities with early warnings where necessary
• A proactive approach to the project coordination
• Proper communication on project status to management & peers.
• Be an information sharing point for the organization.
• Communicate and align with Commodity & Adv. Purchasing Managers and R&D project leaders.
• Involve all stakeholders prior to making a decision.
• Interact with a Quality organization to support an initiate Quality improvement activities.
• One-voice approach to suppliers.
• Be the purchasing interface for Innovation
• Ensure compliance with Electrolux procedures
“Act in accordance with:
- Global Purchasing Process
- Delegation of Authority
- Electrolux and Purchasing Policies”
• Business or technical degree (University level)
• Purchasing / R&D / project management professional qualification is an asset
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, engineering, operations, sales, supply chain,…
• Strong drive to deliver bottom-line results.
• Proven capability to operate in a complex multinational organization, ability to coordinate/lead contribution from other functions like R&D or Quality.
• Result driven and action-oriented.
• Good communicator
• Good negotiating and influencing skills.
• Strong team player.
• Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset.