Quality Engineer - Evergreen
You are reviewing a job posting for one of our evergreen requisitions. An evergreen requisition is a role advertisement that is a continuous posting. Our objective is to use evergreen requisitions to assist in building a robust talent pipeline with qualified professionals who are excited about career opportunities and growing with Electrolux North America.
We appreciate you considering applying and expressing your interest in Electrolux North America. We cannot guarantee a response to each person that applies to our evergreen requisitions but we can promise that your information will be reviewed and given full consideration. Should our recruiting team feel that you may be a fit for our talent pipeline, you will be contacted to capture additional information.
You are encouraged to continually review our open jobs. Thank you for your interest in Electrolux North America!
WHO WE ARE
Beginning a century ago with a single vacuum sale, we’ve grown to be a global leader in home and professional appliances with one mission in mind: to reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living. This is us - at Electrolux
we shape living for the better.
Responsible for quality and engineering support of designated work groups within department. Focus of position centers around leading change and making process improvements in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring Product Quality, define what methods and equipment will be used to measure key quality characteristics of a process.
- Review and approve ECN/ECR.
- Monitor Customer complaints and communicate effectively to design, manufacturing, quality, and suppliers’ quality improvements.
- Train Quality technicians on operating machines, test equipment, procedures and collecting data.
- Train operators on key quality characteristics of a process.
- Continuous Improvement Activities to improve the quality of the process, using data collected from the process; call center data, and applying problem-solving techniques.
- Participate in DFMEA teams and trained as a facilitator.
- Review and approval of print specifications with the ability to recommend best practices for recognized national or international standards.
- In-depth knowledge of GD&T and its application.
- Implement, maintain, and enforce Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions in work group.
- Implement and maintain, inspection gauges, test procedures for the work group.
- Completion of specified PPAP levels for component parts and final products.
- Function as a true change agent to bring about cultural and physical change using a data driven approach.
- Establish and implement effective operational methods to improve cost effectiveness and productivity.
- Practice and implement among team members effective problem solving techniques.
- Lead development and execution of practical quality control plans for measurement and test, control of materials, process, and product.
- Ability to quantify, prioritize and resolve design, manufacturing, supplier and customer issues.
- Participates as a leader/team member of Lean manufacturing, 5’s, Six Sigma and Kaizen initiatives and projects on multi-disciplinary teams for corrective and preventive actions.
- Evaluate process control plans, PFMEA’s and establish statistical process control methods to monitor critical to quality processes and characteristics.
- Perform Quality System audits – Internal and external audits based on ISO9000 with a goal for TS16949 compliance
- Complete working knowledge of APQP and Layered Process Auditing.
- Works with supplier to address and resolve quality issues that impact manufacturing and/or require return of product or perform in-house rework
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Business related field or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in leading team activities in a high volume fast paced manufacturing environment that includes: assembly, fabrication and finishing department.
- 5 years of experience in working with quality/manufacturing and supplier quality process improvements.
- New Plant Start up and plant relocation experience desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proven background knowledge and abilities in 5S, Kanban, Lean Manufacturing, Waste Elimination and continuous improvement.
- Solid working knowledge of Bills of Material, Routings and Effectively changes.
- Solid computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications and CAD.
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
- ISO and/or TS16949 Lead Auditor Training
- Design and Process FMEA
- Gage R&R
- Data Analysis (Excel, Minitab, Databases, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 75% for the first 8 months
- Results Driven
- Quality Systems / Process Management
- Problem Solving (8D methodology)
- Analytical skills
- Planning / Organizing
- Product Management Flow