Quality Engineer – Home Comfort
The EA Quality Engineer – Home Comfort (HC) is a key position for Electrolux Major Appliances within East Asia, including Japan and South Korea and the Distributor business and other Countries in the region as the business grows.
The position is responsible for leading all (HC: household Air-conditioner, water heater, water treatment etc.) quality improvement activities in East Asia and for engaging all associated departments to actively drive and participate in all required activities related to achieve the necessary improvement in Quality. The ambition is to enable all individuals in the company to contribute to improve Quality as experienced by our consumers.
For the (HC) category, this position is responsible to lead disciplined process application across the EA Cluster, and quality governance and competence in all Product Development projects, using the “red flags” tool if necessary. It is also responsible to ensure constant review of validation of test protocols (robustness, consumer expectations), aiming to promote and facilitate introduction of New Products with lower SCR and better performances from a Consumer perspective.
The activity will require a strict coordination between the Cluster Quality Improvement requirements and the Sector Functions of R&D, Industrial Operations, Purchasing, Product Lines, Sales / After Sales. Coordination will also be required with the Global and Sector Quality improvement programs.
The location for this position is Bangkok Thailand and you should expect to travel with medium to high intensity within East Asia and occasionally to other Cluster locations.
Key Operational Responsibilities
within the (HC) product line in East Asia
• Implementation of the Quality Continuous Improvement program ensuring achievement of defined product quality, product safety, sustainability and related cost structure objectives in Major Appliances Asia Pacific.
• Implementation of the strategic direction and continuous improvement program from the Global and Sector Quality teams.
• To Identify and report deviations from Quality standards and consumer expectations by using internal Analysis tools (Instaedge, QES) and by working with the After Sales Service organisations, the GSO and directly with customers and consumers where required.
• To drive continuous improvement and attain the defined product quality objectives (SCRlq, SCR Distractor reduction and elimination, Consumer rating improvement, % Warranty Costs/ Net Sales, NRFT)within East Asia.
• In relation to New Product Introduction, ensure constant review of lessons from the validation of test protocols, through the Check Point process. Ensure test protocols related to Product reliability and feedback from Consumers Institute ratings, are used to set project targets for SCR and Consumer ratings where appropriate.
• When necessary, support Sector team members requiring “veto” right for significant non-compliance Quality requirements, ensuring application of a defined escalation process.
• Prepare periodic quality reports to represent the quality situation of each sales company and for the EA Cluster as a whole. Collect and present Quality data to assist countries, engineering, purchasing, GSO & manufacturing to achieve target improvement and track improvement progress.
• Ensure fulfilment of Product Safety requirements and follow up.
• Ensure fulfilment of Sustainability targets (RML, ROHS, REACH).
• Partner with other Sector Functions, especially R&D, Purchasing, Industrial Operations PL VPs and GSO.
• Partner with Sales, After Sales and relevant Key Accounts / Key Customers.
• Implement the tools and methodologies to eliminate root causes for product quality using various methods and achieve the Business objectives.
• Promote and facilitate best practice for Quality Continuous Improvement activities, contributing to the creation and improvement of internal standards, educational materials, visual evidence, summary materials referring to technically proofed solutions and team working practices.
• Create a positive working environment that encourages creative thinking and intelligent risk taking.
• Operationally to the, East Asia Quality Manager.
The incumbent will have a strong drive, ambition to deliver, and great learning ability to encompass daily and strategic challenges and very strong leadership and influencing skills. The following personal specifications are also required:
• Demonstrated leadership capability in communicating and influencing others, stakeholder management, being a change leader and driving project success individually and through teams.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field with at least 5 years minimum experience in cross-functional activities related to products and their manufacturing processes, where continuous improvement is the key focus.
• Detail oriented and analytical with a proven record of success leading product projects and activities, achieving long-term continuous improvement.
• Experience with and commitment to Quality concepts and processes.
• Strong knowledge of Lean Tools / Six Sigma is preferred
• A high sense of urgency with the ability to make and implement tough and timely decisions with a focus on results
• Characterized by integrity and high professional standards.
• Good oral and written knowledge of English is essential.
• Computer skills with a high competence level in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Access etc.
Scope of Work: Regional, EA
Working Details: Permanent role, from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
Key Interfaces: Sales companies, service technicians, quality engineers, R&D, suppliers, planners, warehouse operation (Internal / external)