The Quality Specialist/Engineer is responsible for all quality functions within the assigned manufacturing area. This includes representing quality within all steps of the product realization process. This includes implementing and continually improving the product and process quality plan to guarantee the product is produced in accordance with all customer/consumer requirements, leading and participating on area teams on problem-solving and continual improvement activities, and being the quality representative supporting the introduction of new products and current product or process changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement quality management systems and processes in assigned manufacturing areas
- Analyze product and process information to identify continual improvement opportunities
- Leading and participating on business unit teams in problem-solving and continual improvement activities
- Develop and implement needed inspection methods
- Lead the team in application of APQP tools (PFD, FMEA, Control Plan, GRR, MSA, etc.) for process improvement and development of both current product and proposed process and product changes
- Utilize SPC in the improvement of processes to improve capability of product/process CTQs.
- Ensure product designs are within the enterprise’s process capabilities and initiate action to improve the process or acquire more capable equipment
- Lead the investigation into internal and external customer quality issues with robust problem-solving techniques
- Work directly with other departments to ensure product performance and quality conformance
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Technical field preferred or a minimum of 3 years related work experience in an appliance or equivalent manufacturing environment in lieu of a technical degree
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 / QS 9000 / TS-16949 quality system
- Knowledge and practical experience with the APQP / PPAP process, including FMEA, Special
- Characteristics identification, Control Plans, MSA/GRR, FRACAS, Fishbone and requirements management using QFD.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment across a matrix organization
- Travel as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong change management skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills and abilities.
- Passionate about quality and adaptable to changing customer requirements
- Proven analytical skills; data-driven and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Highly organized; capable of multitasking across multiple projects
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Effective operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to influence
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset