R&D Project Leader
R&D Project Leader
The successful candidate will coordinate the R&D project team in an international environment related to food preservation .
She or He will be responsible for the execution and the reporting of the respective projects in the given time frame , cost target and quality level .
Drive the projects development.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
• New parts of a platform or subsystem projects leadership
• Validate new mechanical components / system taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety, …)
• Design creation and release of mechanical components / systems within time frame, cost target, quality level, process constrains, …
• Robust design tools using (CAD, CAE, FMEA, DFMA, tolerances analysis, … )
• Analysis of technical solutions with suppliers, factory and other involved functions
• Understand, change and create component / system design specifications / requirement / guideline.
• Identify and support standardization by ensuring that new development fits into the platform and subsystem structure
• Part or product approval: understand technical tests results to take decision on design development and final approval for series production , verification,tests plans , approvals of OEM products .
• Cost reduction plan , investments request creation , reference contact with suppliers of the project
• Reports in Check Point meetings / steering team meetings .
• Create products specification
• Organize tests or pilot serials with the production dept
• Supports technically the teams involved in the assigned projects
Additional responsibilities outside of standard job responsibilities:
• Create strong relationship with all functions in the organization, to enhance the delivery of global targets .
• Support cross functional processes to lead development projects .
• Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Strong knowledge in mechanical component and system development and design
• Strong structured and engineering approach during each development phase
• Strong CAE knowledge (mainly FEM structural). Fluid dynamic, dynamics, metal forming, molding, thermal analysis is a plus.
• Knowledge of thermodynamics
• Knowledge of laboratory equipments and test results evaluation
• Strong knowledge of 3D design tool (CATIA is preferred)
• Experience as technical project leader in mechanics environments
• Basic knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
• Knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (metal forming, injection molding, …).
• Experience in Design for Assembling and Manufacturing is a plus
• Team oriented and good communication skills
• Basical knowledge of Project management
• Ability to take initiative and be proactive
• Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
• Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas
• Open minded
• Pro active approach and problems solving mind , ability to support the pressure .