Senior Development Engineer- Ice & Water Filtration
Consumer & Customer Care
Anderson, South Carolina
Support Electrolux Water filter and air filter development targets for North American refrigeration appliances by proposing new designs/solutions, and work with internal and external resources (e.g. Suppliers, service technicians, etc.). Support the development of the Technology Road Map (TRM) for Water and air filter systems and components. Work with business stakeholders to evaluate, test and provide insight on current counterfeit and knockoff filters being sold in the market. Provide innovative solutions, working with design and global R&D teams to address counterfeit in water filters. Support connectivity efforts in alignment with product development team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform engineering duties in all stages of product lifecycle including scoping, planning, designing, and developing parts/components and module interfaces for water and air filtration systems.
- Use Computer Aided Design (CAD) software CATIA v5 to design plastic injection parts, metal forming parts, extruded parts, and perform concept development of the components and assembly generation in 3D.
- Work closely with suppliers to evaluate and source engineering innovation in filtration products.
- Read and interpret blueprints/technical drawings to perform manufacturing reviews of the plastic and sheet metal parts for refrigerators.
- Work with industrial design group to generate engineering and aesthetic specifications for refrigerator parts with fit, feel, and finish requirements.
- Work with global teams to ensure water and air filter roadmap are in alignment with refrigeration product roadmap
- Evaluate technical designs for refrigerator assemblies and interacting parts and perform cost analysis.
- Follow standard engineering workflow with process capability, tolerance stack up, milestone management, and line trial activities.
- Perform Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) to investigate design failures and recommend remedial actions/modifications.
- Participation in product safety and review analyses; confer with engineers and other cross-functional personnel to resolve systems malfunctions/ provide technical information.
- Develop solutions for water and air filtration design projects using Six Sigma methodology, including initial scoping, concept design and verification, design validation, and development of value engineering plans through product launch.
- Develop and test alternate designs/engineering methods to assess feasibility, sustainability, potential new applications, or necessity of modification.
- Research and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for given components and sub-systems to develop and coordinate production activities, including integrating outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development.
- Investigate, analyze, and research field quality issues (SCR) and determine solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required; Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Solid knowledge of product development processes.
- Experience with the design/development, application and manufacturing of electro-mechanical type components or systems.
- Experience with injection molded, blow molded and thermal formed part design and manufacturing.
- Experience with stamped or cast metal part design and manufacturing.
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives
- Experience with Catia design software preferred.
- Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/ or appliance industry is a plus
- 6 sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, or CQE is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical problem solving and improvement techniques (8D & A3) is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Should be comfortable working in a matrix organization.
- Experience with Microsoft computer applications.
- Experience with design software.
- Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.