Senior Financial Business Analyst - Achieving Cost Excellence
The Achieving Cost Excellence (ACE) Program Financial Business Analyst position will provide support for the NA ACE Program. This individual will work closely with cross-functional teams including the Product Lines, R&D, Engineering, Industrial Operations, Purchasing, Quality, Transportation & Warehousing, Warranty and Finance in achieving annual sector productivity cost improvement goals. The output of this individual will positively impact the group’s ability to forecast, validate and report savings. This support includes maintaining the financial data integrity over the company’s ACE project tracking reporting system (ACE Tracker Database).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the ACE project portfolio database (ACE Program Tracker) which includes cost savings initiatives related to direct materials, OEM, conversion, transportation, warehousing, warranty, and SGA activities
- Ensure data integrity/financial accuracy of these projects including proper expense classification and savings confirmation
- Collaborate with respective business analysts/cost out project initiators to gain
understandingof the main cost drivers, the current cost trends and how they relate to the project cost outs
- Participate in the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process to enable the alignment and adjustment of project savings and proper reporting of volume driven spend vs productivity
- Direct and assist in the cost out reporting. This includes forecasts and management reporting
- Facilitate meetings with varying levels of management participation up to and including the executive leadership team
- Resolve and follow-up on all ACE product cost out requests and inquiries by internal/external stakeholders
- Provide analytical support to business partners in terms of collecting, analyzing, and reporting cost trends and any other ad hoc project requests related to the project cost outs
- Collaborate with other cross-functional partners in cost out activities as required
- Provide support and training as new tools, processes or reports are implemented
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years’ experience with data analysis or cost measurement reporting
- Manufacturing/logistics cost experience is a plus
- Experience dealing with large amounts of data, database management capabilities (SQL, ODBC, etc. preferred)
- Strong analytical skills including cost modeling experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel for data mining, analysis, and reporting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Query
- Preferred System utilization: JD Edwards, SAP
- Must be able to apply analytical and decision-making skills without direct supervision.
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting pre-determined deadlines and multi-tasking
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- “Can do” spirit with a proactive approach
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional teams and at all levels of management.
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Cost-conscious, continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to travel up to 30%