Senior Financial Business Analyst – Home Comfort Product Line
Electrolux North America, Inc., a $5 billion manufacturing and sales subsidiary of AB Electrolux, is seeking a Product Line Senior Business Analyst. This position has overall responsibility and accountability for understanding and communicating the Home Comfort Product Line’s financial position.
It is also responsible for providing financial support to the Product Line Team by creating and maintaining periodic reports that analyze and communicate actual performance and the implications of ongoing business decisions as well as forecasting future performance. The Senior Business Analyst position is a critical link between the sales and marketing, operations and product line groups, and provides valuable insight on a daily basis to the financial performance through its analysis and reporting. The Senior Business Analyst position will take day-to-day direction from the Product Line Team and Finance Manager for the Home Comfort Product Line, and will funnel information through the various departments in the finance organization as needed, ensuring one consistent approach/method is used across the Sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the finance manager in monitoring and managing the financial activities of the Home Comfort Product Line, including both the P&L and balance sheet. Includes understanding and providing financial analysis (trends, etc.) to the Finance manager, VP, and other forward-looking insights
- Accurate analysis of standard costing of sourced home comfort product including impacts of tariffs, currency, depreciation, transportation, and acquisition costs. Understanding variances to standard in all areas throughout the year and ensuring financial forecasting is accurately reflecting these variances.
- Development of pricing for all customers both in season and pre-season based on customer-level P&L creation. This will require a deep understanding of a wide variety of customer programming and cost to serve models.
- Finance support on Product Line Projects and Product Development activities
- Provide annual projections, periodic forecasts, and business architecture (profitability per channel/platform/market) analyses as required
- Finance support capital investments related to the product line, including providing financial review and guidance, where necessary
- Work cross-functionally with Pricing, Global Product team, Global Sourcing, Sales Channel and Operations Finance Teams to drive connectivity within the financial team and communications are consistent
- Assist in the monthly reporting requirements including statutory reports and management analysis related to the manufacturing operations. Have a thorough understanding of the business drivers of the operations and the accounting treatment of transactions.
- Participate in ongoing business management with senior operations leaders, global sourcing and other business managers relating to cost controls and improvement activities. Communicate effectively with senior management and influence decisions
- Analysis of the FX transaction impact to the Product line. Work with group treasury to develop recommendation on FX assumptions for customer pricing and standard cost setting.
- Mapping of complex processes
- Manage and execute special projects as assign by the Chief Financial Officer or VP
- “Closing the Gap” activities regarding the business financial targets – exploring all alternatives
- Understanding Electrolux accounting policies and procedures and making informed business decisions according to policy is an underlying responsibility of all Electrolux financial personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- Master in BA preferred
- Robust business understanding
- 5 – 7 years of financial analysis experience including
- sales trends analysis
- customer and consumer marketing analysis
- resource allocation analysis
- capital investment analysis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Experience working with and advising senior management of financial and business strategies
- Highly motivated / Driven / Proactive approach to business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a ‘matrix’ organization
- Ability to adjust/react quickly to changes and changing priorities
- Ability to drive change
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Structured, operative, pragmatic attitude and approach to tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SAP preferred, Qlikview and JD Edwards knowledge a plus