Senior Innovation Engineer – Robotics & Artificial Intelligence
Execute your innovative ideas around Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It is about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home.
However, to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
SENIOR INNOVATION ENGINEER – ROBOTICS & ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE,
At R&D Global Connectivity and Technology Center (GC&T) we are looking for a senior innovation engineer who will work in a team responsible for the development of new solutions based on Artificial Intelligence technology.
You will develop new modules/systems/product concepts, integrating innovative technologies explored and optimized by all GC&T departments, to include new algorithms, new features and functions, specifications, prototypes creation and experimental testing/validation.
The position involves working in an international, multi-competence and cross product line environment. You are innovative in coming up with new ideas that add value to the customer and constantly challenges the status quo. You strives for a visible, measurable benefit from every action.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
During your regular working day, your activities will include the following:
• Development and implementation of application-specific demonstrators
• Integration of technologies/technology modules developed by GC&T up to ensure proper interfaces with the existing product architectures and modules
• Guidance and direction of specific technology projects
• Scouting and proposal of new consumer-relevant innovative technologies and solutions
• Support the development of the Technology Roadmap
• Monitor and periodically report the evolution of global standards and trends
• Prepare presentations and technical reports
• Work and collaborate in an international environment with multiple global and regional product teams, competence centers and experts. Build and maintain internal- and external networks (e.g. external suppliers, institutes, universities etc.)
• Team player. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should be comfortable in dealing with people with different backgrounds and responsibility
• Good listener and communicator. You will become the spider in the web and work with other Electrolux offices around the world on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly
• Proactive. You are keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. You are assessing and investigating feasibility of new technologies and ideas
• Adaptive. You like challenges and you are flexible to adapt to new situations and contexts
• Creative. You love to explore new ways of thinking and you are oriented towards innovation
EDUACTION AND EXPERIENCE
We are not looking for perfection and ideally we would like you to be covering several of the points below.
• Master’s degree (M.Sc.) in Computer Science, Mathematics, ElectronicElectrical engineering or similar field of study. PhD is appreciated
• 3 years track record/hands-on experience in software development for Artificial Intelligence
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Supervised and Unsupervised Learning, Computer Vision and Image Processing
• Strong knowledge in Java, C++, Unix/Linux environments and Python
• Knowledge of machine learning frameworks
• Knowledge of statistical computing methods and tools for pattern recognition and sensors data analysis Knowledge of data analysis and statistics
• Project planning and management experience
• Fluent in English, written and spoken
• Open for international travels
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Ever wondered what the smart home of the future could be like? Watch this video about Electrolux’s take on what a fully connected smart home could offer the consumer: http://www.electroluxgroup.com/en/electrolux-design-explores-the-smart-home-of-the-future-23769/ .