Senior Manager, Supplier Quality NA
Purchasing & Sourcing
Charlotte, North Carolina
The North America Senior Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for functional management of the North America plant Supplier Quality team, and the performance results of direct material suppliers.
This individual will implement supplier quality strategies, standard practices, and supporting systems. They will partner with the plant Quality Managers to lead all local Supplier Quality activities. The responsible person and their team will track, monitor, and report supplier quality performance, drive corrective actions, and manage the supplier auditing system and process.
This individual will coordinate with Electrolux Global teams – including Quality and Supplier Quality – to align processes and systems with other business sectors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Partner with plant Quality Managers to establish KPIs for the Supplier Quality team. Regularly monitor and report results, drive improvement actions.
• Communicate supplier performance to the Purchasing team, and make sourcing recommendations.
• Lead process and system improvements with plant supplier quality leaders.
• Determine and facilitate education and training needs for Electrolux personnel.
• Manage the supplier auditing system and process – including planning, scheduling, tracking, and documentation. Manage certification of supplier auditors, and coordinate training as needed.
• Manage the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
• Represent Supplier Quality during new product development processes.
• Partner with plant Quality Managers to provide regular performance feedback and coaching of team members as the functional (indirect) manager.
• Lead the North America plant Supplier Quality team. Create an environment of trust and mutual respect that empowers team members to accomplish goals and objectives
• Establish working relationships with Electrolux operating teams.
• Align North America Supplier Quality with established Global Electrolux processes and standards
• Understand, communicate and work within Electrolux methodologies and policies
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• BS, Engineering or equivalent. Masters degree preferred
• 5 to 7 years experience in the Quality profession, including leadership experience.
• Experience working in the supplier quality field preferred
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Results driven and action oriented
• Ability to lead and mentor others
• Ability to communicate with, and work well with, people in all locations and cultures.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to influence people and organizations
• Team player
• Self-starter, ethical and highly motivated
• Willing to travel as required
• Appliance product experience a plus
• Ability to effectively utilize application software, word processing, spreadsheets and specialized application software packages