Senior Program Director
The Senior Program Director will be responsible for ensuring NA Re-engineering projects are completed on time and on budget while meeting the requirements and specifications of the project charter.
This highly visible role will be responsible for the implementation of the Project Charter/Scope documentation, management of the project Master Schedule and financial management of the overall project.
The Senior Program Director will provide project management administrative oversight for the project. The Senior Program Director is responsible for every phase of the development and overall project so that the team meets project timing, budget, company specifications and compliance with all federal and state regulations.
The position will interact with the Program Steering Committee Chairman and members, ensuring the program execution and mitigating risks. The key program stakeholders will be senior managers and executives across multiple functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Develop and ensure site-wide Zero Safety incident mindset, conditions, and metrics
- Develop and gain consensus on Project Charter & Scope along with commitment from project sponsors, leadership, key vendors/suppliers and support
- Effectively manage project charter and scope to ensure any changes are documented and approved within the change management process
- Develop and set key milestones and overall project master schedule in accordance with the project charter & scope direction
- Provide Master Schedule and financial tracking reviews on a regular basis with the project team, sponsors and leadership
- Perform quality control checks, ensuring the safety, effectiveness and reliability of the system / product
- Evaluate the cost and timing for all solutions within a specific time frame
- Plans a complex set-up of assignments and projects needed to complete full program.
- Ensures all components of the program and its related projects stay on track to reach strategic objectives.
- Evaluates overall program/project performance on a regular basis and identifies ways to eliminate unsatisfactory performance.
- Identifies and mitigates risks that might affect the project/program, documents their characteristics and performs an impact analysis on project/program objectives.
- Solves problems pro-actively and focuses on root causes by working in complex contexts, managing communication with and alignment of stakeholders and top management
- Negotiates, reaches effective deals, solves problems and manages conflicts
- Mentors Sr. Project Managers, coaches Project Leads/Project Managers in project management skills and contributes to the personal development of the core team members within the program
- Advanced degree, typically in Engineering, Economics or Business preferred.
- Project Management certification is desirable but not necessary
- Outstanding record of successful project execution and completion
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership role, preferably managing a team of ten or more professionals
- Experience in a diverse, matrixed, multi-cultural environment10+ years' relevant experience of different business domains, functions, markets and cultures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent problem solving skills and keen analytical abilities
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- A hardworking, high-energy individual with a significant amount of stamina and drive
- Highest ethical standards, impeccable character and integrity
- Project Management skills
- Strategic thinking
- Stakeholder management
- Analytical & Problem solving skills