Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of multiple high complexity product and process development projects within the Food Preservation Category, in support of the product roadmap and the overall business objectives of the North American sector. The candidate will ensure that development efforts are aligned with the strategic focus of creating a “Best-in-Class consumer experience” in the areas of “Taste, Care & Wellbeing Innovation”, “Quality and Ownership Experience”, and “Star Products with Preferred Partners.”
The Sr. Project Manager will manage complex cross functional project teams, consisting of representatives from other Electrolux functions and locations, and drive discipline within the Electrolux Project Management (EPM) process, with the objectives of speed to market, product quality, costs, and operational efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and ensures execution of project deliverables within agreed-upon timing and budget.
- Composes a schedule and plan for executing the project, including sequencing, identification of dependencies, duration and resource needs, cost estimations, budgeting and control.
- Conducts regular project team meetings.
- Regularly presents project status reports to Steering
- Committee, other senior managers, and, when relevant, Program Manager.
- Clearly communicates roles and responsibilities within the project core and extended team.
- Tracks progress against agreed targets.
- Implements mitigation plan for at-risk items.
- Submits investment requests.
- Tracks and manages capital and expenses through close of project.
- Resolves conflicts with capex, schedules, and resources as needed.
- Elevates issues to management when necessary.
- Promotes culture of “Teamship” and professional accountability among core and extended team members.
- Communicates vision, promotes goal alignment, provides coaching and feedback for performance management.
- Adheres to the Electrolux Project Management (EPM) process.
- Utilizes EPM Gate software to track and report project progress.
- Ensures mandatory deliverables are met prior to requesting gate completion.
- Utilizes change management process within EPM.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical BS degree
- Minimum of 7 years related engineering and/or project management experience is required.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification, or commitment to obtain the certification within one year, is required.
- Moderate travel (up to 25%) required, including travel abroad.
- Proven track record of successfully leading highly-complex projects, from start to finish.
- Proficient with tools associated with managing new product development activities; Stage-gate development processes, design reviews, resource planning and management, budget tracking and milestone schedule management.
- Ability to lead, influence, communicate & interact with people within a cross-functional team setting, as well as customers and external suppliers.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Product development, technology/manufacturing and consumer innovation experience/knowledge in a high-volume consumer products environment is preferred.
- Experience with computer applications is required, including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word,
- MS Project, and MS Outlook.
- MBA Is preferred