Shop Floor Connectivity Technician
Kinston, North Carolina
You will be primarily responsible for the technical support, configuration of enhancements and delivery of OPC and RFID solutions for our Kinston factory. Work closely with internal clients and demonstrate functional and hands-on technical knowledge to address customer’s business needs. In particular, you will:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support KEPServerEX OPC software including technical and functional aspects
- Support RFID platform including technical and functional aspects.
- Configure KEPServerEX software including creation of tags, simulated data, development, and testing of configured solutions.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering and other technical teams in the resolution of issues and delivery of enhancements.
- Work closely with MES solution to address Machine Integrator issues and delivery of enhancements.
- Work closely with Factory IT operations team to support and resolve issues with Hand-held and
- Fixed scanners, label printing equipment used for the MES solution.
- Work closely with Server team to assure availability of services, proper monitor and resolution of issues like load-balancing, application services
- Reproduce and resolve incidents reported by the customers.
- Be On-call and available to resolve emergency incidents off-hours.
- Regular reporting of working progress to IT Site Manager or Application Manager.
- Follow and/or facilitate incident management processes as well as change management processes.
- Support local teams of other Electrolux factories during the roll-out of the MES solution.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing based software function.
- Proven experience with on-site manufacturing software implementations.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Analytical skills. Be able to identify root-cause principles.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Able and willing to travel to other factory locations.
- Provide cross training to other team members.
- Possess documentation skills to maintain updated reference and training material.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
- SQL skills with MS SQL preferred.
- High understanding of OPC UA.
- Demonstrated skills and working knowledge of KEPServerEX.
- Basic understanding of PLC functions and ladder logic.
- Basic understanding of Apriso Machine Integrator.
- Basic understanding and skills in RFID technology.
- Basic skills in administering MS Windows Server environments.
- Basic skills in software development.
- Basic understanding of MES systems functionality and connectivity.