Sourcing Manager - Home Comfort APAC
Purchasing & Sourcing
Sitting within the Global Operations function, Global Sourcing Operation (GSO) is an organization managing the Sourcing, Project Leadership, Quality and Supply Chain for a broad scope of Sourced OEM Products including Home Comfort, Cooking, Refrigeration, Dishwashers, Washers and Dryers, Water Care, Floor Care and Small Domestics Appliances from the Asia Pac and European regions. With an expected annual volume in excess of 23M units sourced the GSO has supported the delivery of continued business growth and expansion, with future plans in place to maintain the growth trend.
• Within the GSO structure there is an opportunity for the position of Sourcing Manager The candidate is responsible for Home Comfort Sourcing for the APAC region .
• This position is a key member of the Home Comfort sourcing team at Electrolux Global Sourcing Organization, responsible for the private label finished product sourcing.
• The role of the Sourcing Manager APAC is to identify, develop and manage new suppliers, as well as maintain existing supplier relationships and drive projects aligned with group sourcing strategies.
• The Sourcing Manager will work with the Electrolux product managers and project managers, and OEM/OTS Suppliers/Partners, as well as support the R&D, demand flow and quality to ensure the best optimal sourcing results of cost, quality, on-time delivery and innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drive the implementation of Group Purchasing strategies for Finished Goods purchasing within the Asia Pacific region;
• Quarterly reviews and evaluations of the existing Group Purchasing strategies on key Product Lines to ensure compliance with the developing needs of the Sales Markets and Product Line organizations;
• Maintain Product Line Commodity Analysis and continue the identification & evaluation of potential alternative suppliers within the Asia Pacific region; based on cost, quality, service;
• To conduct negotiations with suppliers & place commercial contracts as directed by Global Purchasing;
• To regularly assess existing suppliers to improve the total cost of Finished Goods, actively liaising with Group Purchasing functions;
• Commodity analysis and breakdown of BOMs to improve the cost outs and negotiations with Group Commodities.
• To participate in Make Versus Buy projects, in order to assess the cost efficiency of internally manufactured product versus the cost to purchase from external suppliers;
• To ensure regular assessments of suppliers' quality, supply chain reliability and financial capabilities are carried out. Whilst also taking a proactive approach to driving supplier improvement initiatives, particularly regarding Supply Chain and total Quality;
• To actively participate in Finished Goods product development projects for New Products Introduction with the different Group Regions;
• To ensure consistent compliance of Purchasing procedures for Finished Goods with established Group Purchasing procedures;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Strong character with good interpersonal skills to work in a multi national and cross functional team, and be capable of driving change;
• Engineering or Business University Degree, preferably with additional qualifications in professional purchasing;
• Minimum 5 years of experience in purchasing or commercial trading, preferably in the air conditioning industry;
• Strong knowledge of aircon products, some knowledges of water heaters, purifiers and dispensers are a plus;
• Capability to deal with top management, internally and externally;
• Strong communication skills, in order to assume a highly visible interface role vis-à-vis internal and external business partners
• Strong negotiation and persuasion skills;
• Outstanding team playing skills;