Spare Parts Engineer
Charlotte, North Carolina
Support Electrolux spare parts development targets for North American major appliances by proposing new designs/solutions. The successful candidate will have demonstrated
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform engineering duties in all stages of product lifecycle in the aftermarket business including scoping, planning, designing, and developing parts/components and module interfaces.
- Use engineering software to perform concept development of the parts, components and assembly generation in 3D.
- Work closely with suppliers to evaluate and source engineering innovation in spare parts.
- Read and interpret blueprints/technical drawings to perform manufacturing reviews of appliances.
- Work with global teams to ensure spare parts readiness
- Evaluate technical designs for appliances, assemblies and interacting parts and perform
- Follow standard engineering workflow with process capability, tolerance stack up, milestone management, and line trial activities.
- Perform Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) to investigate design failures and recommend remedial actions/modifications.
- Participation in product safety and review analyses; confer with engineers and other cross-functional personnel to resolve systems malfunctions/ provide technical information.
- Develop solutions for spare parts design projects using industry standard methodology, including initial scoping, concept design and verification, design validation, and development of value engineering plans through product launch.
- Develop and test alternate designs/engineering methods to assess feasibility, sustainability, potential new spare parts, or necessity of modification in collaboration with R&D, engineering etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Solid knowledge of product development processes.
- Experience with the design/development, application and manufacturing of electro-mechanical type components or systems.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes is preferred
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives
- Should be comfortable working in a matrix organization.
- Experience with Microsoft computer applications.
- Experience with design software.
motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats. Highly
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Travel requirements up to 50% including international travel
- Experience with CATIA design software.
- Experience with consumer goods, and/ or appliance industry is a plus
- 6 Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, or CQE is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical problem solving and improvement techniques (8D & A3) is a plus.