Sr Manager Purchasing - Logistics / Transportation
Purchasing & Sourcing
Charlotte, North Carolina
Electrolux Purchasing is responsible for sourcing direct and indirect materials and services across the entire Group. More than 75% of the Group’s product costs are handled by Purchasing. Its vision is to be a world-class organization that continuously contributes to the Group's strong drive for innovative products and service solutions. It focuses on functional excellence, strong collaborations with internal and external stakeholders, and leveraging global size to ensure the lowest total cost of ownership for materials and services purchased.
The overall objective of this role is, to manage the Logistics/Transportation Purchasing activities for the NA.In developing the Purchasing activities for Logistics/Transportation, this position will work fully integrated with key stakeholders in Manufacturing Operations. Establish a strong partnership with Supply Chain, Transportation Management in order to perform complete assessment of the activities of the Inbound Logistics, Outbound Logistics and Final Mile and define sourcing strategies, develop suppliers, negotiate contracts that deliveries high efficiency services, quality performance and reduces Electrolux transportation costs in a YoY basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Define clear scope and boundaries for Logistics/Transportation for the NA Sector. Assume responsibility for the current scope and evaluate current contracts and supplier performances looking for improving current terms and conditions and reducing costs
- Implement a comprehensive spend analysis for Logistics/Transportation developing and implementing systems and processes capable of allowing spend be visible, categorized and effective managed by Purchasing
- Elaborate and approve annual Budgets, demonstrating the expenses evolution for each category, assigning effective resources to manage properly category strategy, effective negotiations, contract establishment and supply base management
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of the sourcing strategy and optimized TCO.
- Engage with stakeholders for category analysis, business intelligence, requirements development, interface with key suppliers for bringing innovative solutions to Electrolux as well as joint develop RFI, RFP, RFQ and evaluation processes.
- Conduct risk assessments and finalize required initial due diligence.
- Conduct supplier capability analysis,.
Establish clear and category strategy, aligned with global guidelines.
- Approve category strategy with key stakeholders and the Purchasing organization – Sector and Global
- Establish Contracts when is appropriate, conduct negotiations with the selected suppliers for allowing best acquisition cost while enabling access to innovation
- Calculated savings potential, secure savings, and report exceptions
- Act as escalation point for commercial issues pertaining to supplier management.
- Continually review contracts to identify consolidation opportunities and synergy effects.
- Actively promote best working practices at all levels within all categories and Global purchasing stakeholders to support continued improvement.
- Actively participate in Group and regional Purchasing activities representing the NA Sector.
- Building long term relationship with the all identified stakeholders and the Global Indirect
- Purchasing community, Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation and S&OP process.
- Educated to degree level with a formal qualification within Purchasing, Administration, Marketing, Engineering or Legal is an advantage.
- 8+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing, procurement or vendor management. Experience negotiating purchasing contracts, within Logistics/Transportation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES
- Experience in Direct Material and other Purchasing activities is also an advantage.
- Specific experience in digital transformation tools and techniques is a plus.
- Working knowledge of all legal aspects of contract management.
- Proven track record in delivering savings through effective purchasing techniques.
- Proven ability to work across national and international regions as well as functional boundaries to achieve the best result. Experience at managing sourcing at a in a holistic way.
- Experience of developing and implementing effective procurement processes.
- Result driven, analytical and outgoing personality.
- The applicant shall have the ability to work effectively independently or as a part of a multi-functional team.
- Outstanding Leadership skills as well as efficient communication skills at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Relationship builder with strong interpersonal relationship skills and a “can-do” attitude. Organized, methodical with excellent time management skills.
- Superior negotiation skills/strong persuasive skills
- Strong commercial and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills with internal and external contacts
- Experience from Sourcing on a strategic/tactical level
- Experience in negotiating Logistics/Transportation contracts
- Leading cross functional high performance teams
- Experience from Business-to-Consumer industry
- Experience from digital marketing planning and execution
- Experience from Project Management
- Relationship builder
- Result driven with integrity
- Sense of urgency, ability to cope with short lead-times