Technical Trainer (Remote)
Consumer & Customer Care
Charlotte, North Carolina
The main objective of the Technical Trainer is to make a strategic impact by working closely with third party service providers, sharing knowledge, and helping them better understand and service our products to create a more positive consumer experience. The Technical Trainer will be responsible for delivering targeted and successful training programs for third party service providers, driving key metrics and professional development. The position supports our Field Service organization, as well as, our end consumer through the effective development and execution of training strategy in the areas of: technician onboarding, curriculum development, assessment, certification and product launch support. A successful candidate will have proven experience establishing and embedding instructional design best practices and processes, ensuring training is developed utilizing adult learning methodologies. In addition, the Technical Trainer will work with our product lines and manufacturing facilities to ensure consistent communication of service flashes and technical bulletins to the Service Delivery Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver, generate and support technical training and content (Job Aids and Service Pointers), self-help and technician videos and product-based curriculum. This team also supports Train the Trainer courses and eLearning development.
- Establish and execute a learning strategy with focus on standardized execution across multiple partner training teams to drive lean learning processes and enable fast execution and assure accuracy.
- Establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders to assist in the identification of development needs, skill gaps and to ensure program designs are engaging learners.
- Determine, develop and analyze metrics and evaluation feedback to make recommendations for improving curriculum and programs.
- Provide internal consultation to the organization on best practices in the design, execution, measurement and implementation of learning.
- Plan, design and execute medium to large training events.
- Encourage curriculum development that utilizes blended delivery methods to create a learning experience to enhance learning transfer and increase results from learning initiatives (eLearning,
- Classroom, self-directed, virtual).
- Delivers effective and engaging training programs for servicers designed to build brand loyalty and drive profitable growth.
- Partners with managers, team leads and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Employs adult learning techniques to formulate teaching outlines and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference workshops.
- Conducts training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, use of computers and software, interpersonal skills, quality & process issues, and product knowledge.
- Tests trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Reports on progress of servicer technicians and market managers under guidance during training periods. Maintain trainee records. Facilitates night classes as needed.
- Deliver remedial and/or follow-up training as well as recurrent skills enhancement training.
- Maintain connection with current business environment to ensure relevancy in all aspects of work.
- Provide support to the Customer Engagement Center and Service Administration Center as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in major appliance diagnosis, service and repair
- Minimum of 1 years of training experience, preferably in a field service, technical contact center or corporate learning facility
- Superior presentation skills and ability to engage well with diverse audience
- Technical education or certification highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Understanding of how to best train adults / technicians to enhance learning and development (i.e.
- Certified Professional Learning & Performance - CPLP)
- Strong analytical skills, learning strategy and planning, and project management skills a plus
- Experience in retail sales, appliances, or training
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understanding and prior implementation of adult learning principles and techniques
- Strong planning an organizational skills
- Strong customer service and selling process knowledge
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and the ability to learn technology quickly
- Performance observation and feedback skills required
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and with outside contacts
- Must be motivated, adaptable, flexible, and able to produce quality results in an evolving, fast paced environment
- Successfully navigates through ambiguity and change
- Self-starter with ability to excel without constant supervision
- Availability to join scheduled conference calls
- Access to a computer and reliable internet connection
- Access to a digital camera and photo uploading capabilities
- Knowledge of industry best practices in adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies (ADDIE, ASTD Standards)
- Demonstrated capability to create and execute on learning strategies and new curricula across varying platforms and organizational business units
- Knowledge of learning management systems and creation software (LMS, eLearning creation software such as Camtasia, Snag-It, Articulate Storyline, Lectora)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong networking relationships
- Ability to work with outside vendors on occasion for support of learning initiatives