Unit Leader - 2nd Shift
A Unit Leader is a member of the Plant’s management team, and is expected to participate in and support management directed activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and directs all operations within a specified department including but not limited to, training employees, safety, meeting quality goals, reducing downtime, reducing rejected materials, oversees the coordination of material staging and flow, increasing department productivity, identifying employee issues and addresses and resolves them in a timely manner, reducing employee turnover and assuring department preparedness.
- Must lead by example and effectively communicate with employees at all levels both within and outside of the department.
- Must lead by example in attendance.
- Provides leadership to ensure:
- All safety goals are achieved ( 5S, sock drawer, housekeeping, etc.)
- All department quality goals are achieved
- All customer delivery requirements are met
- Department runs in a cost effective manner (proper manning, line speed, scrap, etc.)
- Positive employee morale by fostering an atmosphere of open communication with employees and providing constant information and training regarding daily changes and requirements and seeking all available resources to support employees and resolve issues in a timely manner. (reduce turnover, improve absenteeism & tardiness).
- Expected to treat all employees with respect. Praise in public and discipline in private.
- Environmental objectives are achieved
- High School diploma or GED or 3 to 5 years Electrolux experience with working knowledge of required processes or five years previous outside supervisory experience in a related field.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Excellent attendance record in previous positions.
- Math Level II
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software program preferred
- Experience in team building and employee motivation and effective communication.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing.
- Have or able to obtain EMS Team Leader Training, EMS Change Agent and Green Gear
- Certification within 6 to 9months of being in the Supervisor/Unit Leader position
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Ability to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Able to stand the majority of the shift to perform duties.